Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family. >

Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.

Notices

Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Guys, I wanted to say thank You so much for your support. Sandy was a special person, not only to me, but everyone that she touched. She was so positive and easy going and the glue to our family and business. We just celebrated our 27th anniversary, and our youngest graduated. Funny thing at the same time we both gave each other high 5's..I said Pookie, you know what, we really have a great life, and it's only going to get better. She said it doesn't get any better..Boy Toy, she always made me laugh. I remember that day like it was yesterday. Anyone that knew us knew we joked around alot, practicle jokes constantly, had parties just about every weekend out here on the river and just enjoyed life to the fullest. Thats what I loved about her. LIV4FUN was her plate number. We boated constantly, and as she called herself... a boat babe..no high heels on these feet..I always laughed at that..she was great at tying up the boat, and when we went fishing always caught 3 times more fish than I did...and than proceeded to rub it in my face amoungst a few other things, again full of surprises. What happened is still a nightmare. We were going to Washington NC where I am involved with having a boat built with Compmillenia and then going to the Outer Banks where our 30 year old friends Jackie and Kenny live. We have been friends with them since before we got married and always stayed in touch through out the years. We had a beautiful picnic lunch on the beach and then proceeded out to the water...What happened after that is a blur. All 4 of us were in waist height water and us guys walked in further, about chest high. Jackie started swimming in first and Sandy was following her but when I turned around 10 seconds later she was gone and taken under rip current/undertoe and thank god ran into me..I grabbed her and tried to keep her right side up..but everything changed so fast including the sand under us...it was gone. I did everything I could do but obviously did not keep my promise getting her into shore quick enough. I do remember her trying to say I love you, and that is what Im trying to keep hearing vs what happened next. She had ingested too much water from summersalting under the water and her larinex was spasming and closing up...We almost lost Kenny as well, we both had to much salt water ingestion..and another swimmer 47 died about an hour earlier from the same conditions.
Guys, cherish your loved one's...spend each day like it's your last. Spend more time with family and friends and get off that Merry Go Round, and most important, tell your spouse that you love them each day.. Pookie I love you and will see you soon.

Obituary Notice for Sandra Kay Iverson Jassby
Sandy was born on November 26, 1965 and grew up in South Milwaukee, WI. She has been married to her best friend and husband, Jeff Jassby for over 27 years and has lived the past 15 years in Diamondhead, MS where she co-owned Jassby Custom Homes. She left us all entirely too soon on Wednesday, June 20th, when she drowned after being caught in a rip current on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. She is survived by her husband, Jeff Jassby of Diamondhead, daughters Melissa and Courtney Jassby (Nashville, TN), and son Marcus Jassby (Diamondhead), her father Richard Iverson of Racine, WI, sister Lynn (Ray) Chasin and children Kevin and Andrea of Oak Creek, WI, brother Duane(Sue) Iverson and children Bryan(Dana) and Chad of Oak Creek, WI, sister Debbie (Jim) Hedler of Oak Creek, WI and Debbie's children Dan (Carrie), Casey and Eric Wisniewski, brother Howie (Melanie) Iverson and children Charity, Joshua, and James Fletcher of West Bend, WI. Also survived by mother-in-law, Julieta Jassby of Hattiesburg, MS, sister-in-law Nicole (Eric) Viegut and their children, Colin, Carson, and Paige of Clearwater, FL. She was preceded in death by her mother, Mary Ann Hordyk Iverson, brother-in-law, Barron Jassby, and father-in-law, Stephen Jassby. Survived also by family-at-heart Jeff (Karen) Wisniewski, and John Dentice. Sandy was an outside gal, and enjoyed fishing, boating, poker runs, walks with her husband Jeff and Bam Bam their Black Lab, and Just Loved Life In General; she was always smiling. Her license plate said it all..Liv4fun. Sandy participated in many causes in the Diamondhead and Hancock County areas. Being the Beautiful and charitable woman Sandy always was, she had chosen to be an organ donor and was able to give the gift of life, health, and sight to others. Sandy also wished that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the following charities-SPCA of Diamondhead at 7310 Alu Ct Diamondhead, MS 39525, Hancock County Food Pantry at 9972 Hwy 603 PO Box 4313 Bay St. Louis, MS 39520, and/or Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center at [email protected]. Because Sandy had chosen cremation, there will be no public burial. A visitation with the family, followed by a very casual Celebration of Life party will be held at Diamondhead Country Club on Wednesday, June 27th from 4:00-8:00 p.m.
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.-2008%2520patriot%2520poker%2520run%2520at%2520seabrook%2520-93-.jpg   Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.-542112_3458146729762_338552294_n.jpg   Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.-gco%252520-54-.jpg  

Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.-100_1587.jpg   Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.-christmas-2010-stablewood-048.jpg   Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.-img_0291.jpg  

Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.-100_0632.jpg   Thoughts and prayers for the Jassby family.-jeff_-_sandy_n1153703248_30064205_2715.jpg  
Attached Images   

Last edited by Jassman; 06-23-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jeff, Tears in my eyes, God Bless, Robbie
Old 06-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff
Sandy will always be in our hearts.
The World and everyone who knew Sandy -- lost a wonderful, caring, loving woman.
Sending love, thoughts and prayers.
Audrey and Keith.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jeff I am Speechless , God Bless you and Family.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Registered

Jeff tremendous sadness for your loss of your precious wife Sandy. I've never had the pleasure of meeting her or you ... and now I feel I've missed something very special. My wife and I just celebrated 25 years, 3 days ago, on June 20th and it means that much more now to me. So sorry bud, strength is in the children and family you have proudly raised together.

Thoughts and prayers, Chris Ward
Old 06-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeff, I'm so sorry!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered

So sorry for your loss jeff.....
Old 06-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

I'm so very sorry Jeff. God Bless.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff, thanks for making me appreciate my wife that I've taken for granted for 34 years. You never know what's in store for tomorrow. Hopefully you can find peace in this, it will take time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.