Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend >

Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

Notices

Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

Old 07-03-2002, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

I am going there for the first time . Staying at the Comfort suites Friday and Saturday night .Taking my tiny 16'er . Probably regret it . Anything I should know about the place . Just want to cruise and site see and maybe stop and hang out at a few good places . Are there any ? THanks ,JOE
Old 07-03-2002, 01:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look for my buddy Walter, 382 Formula.
Robert
Old 07-03-2002, 11:48 AM
DanL

he's way out of his element on that lake. most of the docks are 20ft with rings for your lines. Can't miss it. We tore up Sobe a few years ago together. He helped Becca buy a few "small" pieces of clothing.

Last edited by DanL; 07-03-2002 at 12:04 PM.

Old 07-03-2002, 11:48 AM
Registered

Thanks Tonto, I wonder what the water is like . Am I going to get beet up in a 16'er ? I'll keep an eye out for Walter . THanks
Old 07-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lk Hop.

Hi Boot, be careful there. the water is very shallow out of the chanel, and most of the obstructions are very hard. tree stumps, rocks etc. There is also a speed limit, I am not sure just what the speed limit is, 35 MPH I think. The last time I was on that lake I dropped the Skater in the water, in a matter of a few minutes there was a Top Gun, and a few cats running alongside me, all of us going pretty slow. The marine police were also in the pack, waiting of one of the boats to start to run fast. The ticket book was also out I am sure. A few hours later, we were just drifting around in the middle, I saw a small boat, maybe a 20' or so starting to take water over the transom, and going down fast, We dialled 911, went over to lend help, took the people onboard, and waited 25 or 30 minutes for the MP to show up. They were more then likely still following the fast boats around the lake waiting for to write a speeding ticket.
Philip
Old 07-03-2002, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Growing up in N. Joisey, I have many fond memories of Lake Hopatcong...

But Phillip is right, the cops suck there(not akin to good cops, these guys can be *******s) and we chewed up many of props during the summers.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:28 PM
NJScarab

I'm there every weekend! On the weekends there is a 35 mph speed limit, but during the week there is none. I'll be out there in a 22 sea ray being that I just sold the scarab.......
Byram bay aka bikini cove, is the place to tie up and party.
Tidal wave is the night life place.
Warehouse grill is the best food.
The Jefferson House is the happy hour place.
You'll have fun just watch the cops, whats your boat look like so I can keep an eye out.

Old 07-03-2002, 12:56 PM
onemomoto

Hey man im on the lake also , im between the jefferson house rest.& the windless rest. stop by & ill fill you in on things. I dont know whats up with the police but they have bin really cool of late. look for us on our boat house [32 skater on the wips outside called NAUTI-CAT 2& a 31 awsome cat called STRAY-CAT in the boat house] THE BEER IS KEEPED AT 33 DEGRESSSSS !!!

Old 07-03-2002, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

do they still have that apba race in september? alot of hot boats in the great south bay by us,alot ofemm happy 4th tripps
Old 07-04-2002, 12:27 AM
Registered

Hey thanks everyone for the info . You guys better look out for me ! Don't run me over !! I'll be in a little tiny ,all white ,low profile , 16' ski boat (Cacci Craft ) with a BIG Evinrude on the back . Sticker says 85 hp but it lies !! Me and my better half will be up there in the area around 1 or 2 on Thursday . Staying at the comfort suites through Saturday night . I thought we would go to the lake to not be embarassed in the little thing while my cat is down . I figured it would just be a bunch of ski boats and we would blend in . I geuss There is no hiding from the OSO !

Where is the fire works going to be and when ?
Where is the best place to launch my little toy ? We will be staying on Howard Blvd. If you see us flag us down . The boat looks like a white surf board with a motor . WHere can I get a map of the lake ? Thanks again for everything . See you all there .

JOE & SANDY

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Lake hopatcong NJ this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.