Goodbye mom, your ride awaits. >

Goodbye mom, your ride awaits.

Notices

Goodbye mom, your ride awaits.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Goodbye mom, your ride awaits.

A lot of you have been following the Biese Project that I have been working on over the last few months. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...int-hydro.html
Bought the boat back in December. Just before Christmas. Mom (my wifes mother) always feels like we are still teenagers with nothing between us except the cloths on our backs. Add in that I'm unemployed and decided to start off this Resurrection Marine.com company thing to boot made her have to take action and save us. lol. So for a Christmas present and knowing what I paid for the Biese I got a card on Christmas eve with a check in it. We already know better then try to give it back so I give it to the wife for the general fund and to make mom feel better we would tell her that she bought the boat for the new company. Well this seemed to put a spark in the women and for almost being house bound she has to know whats going on with the boat daily and even made a couple trips to our house to see it in person. And this is from a woman that I don't think has ever been in a boat in her life. I keep telling her when it was done she is going for a ride (again this is a women who can barley get in and out of a special minivan) in the Bies and we were going to rip it up. Big smile every time.
Just as we are getting to the end of the project we are still missing a couple minor parts and we had the race boat going in the St Michaels boat show so we decided to put the Biese Project on hold for a couple weeks until the show was over. Mom followed the the whole "trail to the show" and daily updates when the show was going on, on my chances of winning anything.
Sunday comes and the wife and kids come down to the show (the only day they could) and about 10 minutes before the awards start the wife gets a phone call. Mom had fallen and they were taking her to the hospital as a precaution. If anything changed they would call back (the show was almost 70 miles away). I have to stay being I have to bring the boat and set up back and the wife is reassured on the phone that she should stay at least for the awards.
Like a minute after we did win an award the wife couldn't take it anymore and had to go. I was surprised she stayed as long as she did. She finds mom banged up a little, alert but groggy from some drugs. She tells me they are running test but for now everything is OK.
Long story short, Mom had a major stroke and he health nose dived from Monday night until this morning at 1:30am when she passed away.
During the show the parts came in and when I got home at night I finished the Biese project. Sadly mom went in the hospital the next day and never got a chance to see her finished boat. This last week with everything going on the boat has never crossed my mind until today. For some reason after 25+ years of it sitting in the weeds and us having it for 6 months I had to start it for the first time today. So mom if you are out there and still waiting on a ride, she's all done and I left it running for ya .......... love you ........ me

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTEKYCXFXng[/YOUTUBE]
Old 06-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

It sounds like she was a great lady with a kind spirit , i'm so sorry for your loss .
Old 06-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool boat, I am sure She approves!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Registered

Thats so sad. Sorry for Your loss. Artie
Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Registered

I am sorry for your loss, she sounds like a great person, and im sure shes looking down with a smile on her face.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Mark, So sorry to hear. T&P out for you and yours (Thoughts & Prayers)
Old 06-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for your loss . R I P
Old 06-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry to hear, may she rest in peace.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

A very touching story, and no doubt a wonderful woman, may she rest in peace
Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sorry for your loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.