Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Overheated and took out impeller and corsa silent choice, looking for ideas... >

Overheated and took out impeller and corsa silent choice, looking for ideas...

Notices

Overheated and took out impeller and corsa silent choice, looking for ideas...

Old 06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheated and took out impeller and corsa silent choice, looking for ideas...

Took everything apart today, sucked up a lot of mud and it ate the impeller and took out the old 2 piece housing, the lack of water in the exhaust also seems to have melted the rubber couplers at the transom and cooked the flappers in the tips. Sounds like the perfect time for some 496 exhaust manifolds or the revolution marine manifolds, as well as taking out the corsa silent choice and replacing it with a set of thru hulls. Can anyone recommend me a set?
Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i put on teague switchable tips work awsome.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Registered

After you fix that problem you should fix that beeper that goes off if you are over heating.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi Dude
After you fix that problem you should fix that beeper that goes off if you are over heating.
hmm, I dont know if I even have one, I will have to check the wiring and look for it, would it be connected to the gauges?

Any word on an exhaust? 496 manifolds seem reasonably priced, do they make aftermarket risers that bolt right on?