Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
For the first time ever no boating for me in June!! >

For the first time ever no boating for me in June!!

Notices

For the first time ever no boating for me in June!!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the feeling. I live in eastern Washington, it would typically be in the 90's by now. but we have only seen 3 days above 90 and when it was, it was crazy windy. No fun. I have not been out yet. I am hoping this week. Is this a El Nina year? We also had lot's of snow pack and lots of rain this year. So that means high water levels and lots of junk coming off the shore into the river. It seems like you can walk across it.

Last edited by jpf091959; 06-27-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Not trying to rub it in, but here in the midwest it has been the best boating year ever. I was testing a new drive the weekend before Easter(yes, March) and we have been on the water every weekend since and have not even been rained on. Boating here usually starts end of May. This is strange. Hope your weather gets better.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jpf091959
I know the feeling. I live in eastern Washington, it would typically be in the 90's by now. but we have only seen 3 days above 90 and when it was, it was crazy windy. No fun. I have not been out yet. I am hoping this week. Is this a El Nina year? We also had lot's of snow pack and lots of rain this year. So that means high water levels and lots of junk coming off the shore into the river. It seems like you can walk across it.
No, this isnt an El Nina year which is kinda scary because El Nina years are supposed to be the worst summers and yet this one is set to be the 6th coldest on record!! NEXT summer we get to look forward to El Nina! How much worse can it get?? Hopefully July and August make up for May and June!
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
Not trying to rub it in, but here in the midwest it has been the best boating year ever. I was testing a new drive the weekend before Easter(yes, March) and we have been on the water every weekend since and have not even been rained on. Boating here usually starts end of May. This is strange. Hope your weather gets better.
I know you guys have had hot weather all spring. Ive been jealous as heck everytime I see the national weather. Weve had 2 crappy summers in a row (not counting this one that is just starting). I couldnt even imagine boating every weekend in April, May and June! That would NEVER happen in Seattle! Back in 2004 we broke an alltime record by having 60 days of 70 degrees or more--that was a 100 year record! Seattle just doesnt get the warmth that most other states get. Kinda hard being a boater in this state but we have so much water and its just gorgeous WHEN the sun shines!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

We had one weekend in April that was in the 30's, but I just happened to be at desert Storm that weekend and it was 100 deg there. Supposed to be 105 here tomorrow and friday. Very rarely breaks 95 here. I don't know what's up, but i will take it.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive had mine out of the garage for one hour so far this year. to do the oil change and lube.... then back in cause the weather just sucks..... hope to start going out tomorrow night.

this washington crap is starting to make me want to move
Old 06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
ive had mine out of the garage for one hour so far this year. to do the oil change and lube.... then back in cause the weather just sucks..... hope to start going out tomorrow night.

this washington crap is starting to make me want to move
I would move in a heartbeat if the situation was right (job transfer with them paying for the move)....Life is too short to spend it in this cloudy, cool city. Some people love the weather here but Im too much of a sun lover to not move eventually.