St. Clair lake and st. Clair river what to see >

St. Clair lake and st. Clair river what to see

Notices

St. Clair lake and st. Clair river what to see

Old 06-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Clair lake and st. Clair river what to see

Ok, looking to take my 31' cc from lake Erie western basin next week for one week vacation. Would like to burn some gas and site see with 3 of my kids. My kids are 10,11,12! Looking to go up through Detroit river and stay some where around the mouth of Detroit river and lake st. Clair or in lake st. Clair, for a night need a dock and a room for all of us. Any suggestions.

I would rather spend the night somewhere cool in lake st. Clair. Stay in the lake for 2 days. Then journey through to st. Clair river for a few more days! I was in the river several years ago and just drove through it! I could not believe this was a river! It was so beautiful!

I am looking for suggestions on things to see and do, places to eat and stay! Any info, phone numbers suggestions. Things to beware of etc.

I am looking for somewhere to dock the boat and somewhere to site see and sleep?

Things to consider it giving me your suggestion are listed below...
1. I have 3 kids that would like to consider accommodating!
2. Can hang at a nice marina, or nice little walking town to site see
3. Any place to stop on the way. Good eats, drinks, beautiful unique places to show the kids. Places to swim?

This place has always been a great place for info!
Thanks in advance for your help!

Any great fireworks!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

On Belle Isle theres a pretty good maritime great lakes ship museum and believe it or not they have a world class botanical garden thats way cool just across the street, not sure where you would dock though. Maybe a run by the old Boblo island and dont forget on the way up you can run the Livingston channel and on the way back the west side of Grosse Isle is pretty nice. Dump ya out pretty much the same place.

The channel on west side of Belle isle is the legendary rooster tail turn and the home of the Detroit Gold cup hydroplane races. Very historical

If you are up in the city of St Clair you can pop into the pine river and dock right there. Couple great restaurants on the north side within a block. Murphys Inn and Pepper Joes top the list. You night get lucky and run into the world famous champion offshore racer Ed Smith
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 06-28-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice marina in Det with a shuttle to downtown hotels, eats etc...

Plenty of marinas in lsc. Not really within walking distance of hotels.

Jefferson Beach & Miller Marina is about 10 miles from Det.
Mac&Rays is up in Anchor bay.
Algonac Harbor club is on yhe North channel.

Restaurants:

Brownies and the Beach Grill in st Clair Shores. Browns on Harsens Island (off Middle Channel)

The city of St Clair is awesome with nice marina, good restaurants, hotel and all within walking distance.

Port Huron is nice as well and the last stop before lk Huron.

Hit me up if your passing through on Wed. I'll have two 11yr and one 10yr old with me lol.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Registered

Here's what you don't want to see....

The ship wreck in middle channel up close and personal with your drives hanging up on it.

It's labeled on most GPS units. I chose to ignore it prior to hitting it with a buddies boat tho.

Whoops! LOL
Old 06-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID

The ship wreck in middle channel up close and personal with your drives hanging up on it.

It's labeled on most GPS units. I chose to ignore it prior to hitting it with a buddies boat tho.

Whoops! LOL
Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Whoops! LOL
Where is that at, have been thru there and never knew it, I drove onto the sandbar once near st claire shores and luckily was able to back off of it (was like getting stuck in glue), I guess thoses buoys were there for a reason! I have a gps but never use it on the boat for navigation, thanks, Smitty
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

On the right as you go to browns bar
Old 06-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

Just got home from there!!

We stayed at the St. Clair Boat Harbor ( may be the one Glassdave was referring too in the Pine River ) Awesome marina with new floating docks and upgraded bath/shower house's.. We ate at both Pepper Joe's and Murphy's I liked Murphy's better they had awesome pizza...

There is a shuttle that runs 24-7 from the marina to anywhere that you want to go, also the St. Clair inn is just down the street so your kids will have accomidations..

I do know that there is a walking path that runs down next to river, I never used it but I'm sure it's pretty cool..

The Marina is 22 mi. from Lake St. Clair and 17mi from Lake Huron!! Definitely recommend cruising up to Lake Huron and just explore and do whatever, in my opinion the most beautiful water I've ever seen, The black River is just before the bridge on the right there are a few restuarants down there also!!!

Good Luck!!

Jeff
Old 06-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

On the right as you go to browns bar
I like that place, good food and kinda out of the way.

Oh . . . by the way, Nothing is "on the right" when your on the water. Its north south east or west and of course port and starboard lol

Originally Posted by fleg1
We stayed at the St. Clair Boat Harbor ( may be the one Glassdave was referring too in the Pine River ) Awesome marina with new floating docks and upgraded bath/shower house's.. We ate at both Pepper Joe's and Murphy's I liked Murphy's better they had awesome pizza...
yep, thats the one they have done a lot of improvements to that place last couple years. Murphs pizza is the best. There house pizza rules!
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 06-28-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Registered

Well I was driving a fountain so the controls were on my LEFT and the wreck was to my RIGHT till I drifted over and ontop of it lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.