Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Orlando Area-Butler Chain of Lakes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27972-orlando-area-butler-chain-lakes.html)

BruceK 07-03-2002 01:29 PM

Orlando Area-Butler Chain of Lakes

Anyone familiar with these lakes? Is there public ramps? Is it worth putting in and are there any boat size limitations?
Thinking of dropping in over the weekend instead of the Glen.

NASTY HABIT 07-03-2002 01:34 PM

Hey Bruce...There is a public ramp on Lake Butler...tryingto think of the cross road...I'll post it when i remember.. I do know there is a 30-35 mph speed limit on that lake..due to the celebs that live there...you know money talks..some cool sites though.. and amazing houses..i cannot think of the road.. but the ramp is on windemere rd at the back entrerance to Ilseworth

BruceK 07-03-2002 01:43 PM

The entire lake is 35mph? Bummer.. Is it worth checking out? Also, any good places where people hang out, food, music?

NASTY HABIT 07-03-2002 02:04 PM

not sure about the whole chain being speed limited..I have only beenon Butler once...my company holds thier spring picnic on the lake.. to date I have yet to go ... as I don't want to be hassled by the water cops for noise and speed..it is a nice cruising lake at bset from what i am told...wish i could be of more help...

NASTY HABIT 07-03-2002 02:08 PM

Just callled my boss... he fishes Butler chian alot.. he said the whole chain is 35 mph and this holiday there will be no less than 20 cops patroling..and they WILL be giving tickets...East lake in St Cloud is a nice lake to check out...

CRUBOSS 07-03-2002 03:02 PM

BRUCE; LAKE ERIE IS A BIG LAKE. NO SPEED LIMIT IN THE MIDDLE. WATCH OUT FOR THE KILLER WALLEYE. THEY CAN JUMP OUT OF THE WATER AND TAKE YOUR HEAD CLEAN OFF.

BruceK 07-03-2002 03:19 PM

Well, won't be able to test on Butler with a 35MPH. That bike ride to Savannah is sounding better and better.

Iggy 07-03-2002 03:26 PM

There's only two public ramps available.
One is off of Conroy Road but I don't know how/if it has passible connection to the rest of the chain. Also there's no parking, you have to drive about 1/8 mile down the road to a dirt lot and walk back.
The other is Keene Park in the Isleworth section on Chase Road and costs 5.00 to use the ramp and that's if there's parking available. They stop all use when the parking lot fills, which it does real quick so you have to be there before 9:30 am and it closes (gate locks) at dusk.
Last time I was out there (summer '00) the canal between Lake Luise and Lake Butler was so shallow I had to get out and push the boat thru.
The ramp at Keene Park was closed most of last year due to low water levels.

NASTY HABIT 07-03-2002 03:28 PM

Conroy ... that's it..thanks Iggy

BruceK 07-03-2002 04:39 PM

The Glen is sounding better and better. Although, wiith all this rain, the water level has to be better.