Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Joined Florida Powerboat Club... >

Joined Florida Powerboat Club...

Notices

Joined Florida Powerboat Club...

Old 07-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Joined Florida Powerboat Club...

Today I stopped by the FPC headquarters and met Stu Jones, President and the rest of the gang at FPC.

They were very gracious and spent a lot of time talking to me about boating, my boat and all of their activities. I think what truly impressed me is that FPC is creating some new lower speed classes for their Poker Runs that will allow more "Family" participation and will do much to remove the idea that FPC caters only to the "Triple Digit" crowd. Stu told me that they have begun to realize that their most successful events have been the Emerald Coast and Jacksonville events that were open to all boaters that meet minimum safety requirements. Of course the Bahamas run will be restricted to twin engine boats for safety reasons.

The core of the club will remain the High Performance manufacturers like Cigarette, Nortec, Skater and the others of that type but we will begin to see more center console boats and older "Legacy" performance boats with newer reliable power

My wife and I are excited about being members and getting involved in the Florida based boating activities that the club manages.

http://www.flpowerboat.com/
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member

Welcome! Stu runs the best club out there. See you in Destin, hopefully
Old 07-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Registered

Great club!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Zone
Welcome! Stu runs the best club out there. See you in Destin, hopefully
You just might...we bought a condo at Emerald Grand last year that we rent out through a broker....best real estate deal I have made in years!! I might have to move some renters around during "Boat Week" and tow the 255 up there ( if I get it together in time!!) and do that run. I grew up in Birmingham, Al and Destin was my earliest memories of the beach when I was a kid.

I love SE Florida but the beaches of NW Florida are special to me.

Anyway...Stu Jones started FPC 20 years ago and has developed a terrific organization. Talk about working a job that you love to go into every day!!!

Last edited by sprink58; 07-03-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would love to live in Destin. Been there three times love it!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 1,830 Likes on 716 Posts

Great report. Have been considering it myself but thought my boat was too small/slow for their standards and wasn't sure we would fit in w/their crowd
Old 07-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Hey catmando !

Destin has a great beach and you have experience sleeping on sand so you should have no problem adapting.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Great people that run touch notch events.

While I am still with out a power boat, I have stopped by many of his events and got a ride with a OSO member for this years Jax run. Stu and his team are class acts and put on a great show/event.

Once we are are out of our little island hopper CC and into something with some running power I will not heistate to also join FPC and join the runs in our own boat.

Contrats bud!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Fpc insurance discount

Don't forget that if you have the proper membership level and we write your high performance insurance policy you will receive a 10% discount on your policy and a 5% per year credit for the first 2 no claim renewals.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered

Best club out there. Hope to see Stu & Jackie Jones Soon. Artie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.