Notices

Fountain Problems

Old 07-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain Problems

Well we finally got the boat back ran it here in Daytona for about an hour. Seemed ok. We dragged the boat up to Savannah for the Polka Run and within the next hour we we were running in with the oso cigarette and we smelled smoke. Shut down and the support bearing that Fountain said they changed was on Fire (grease) along with the main water hose. We single engined back to the Marina (Hogan's/Savannah). Man I was livid when we dissassembled the support housing and found that we were outright lied to by all the Fountain upper management. Had wife and son on board when this happened. Another Polka Run missed. Total run expenses with hotel 1500 bucks shot to S**T. The bearing came apart. Rusty as hell. This was supposed to be new. Man Im so sick of this Fountain Crap. Reference Fountain sect for more info. Good news is so far Russ Floyd has done a great job with this run. What a great scene it is here. The run promises to be a good one.
Attached Thumbnails Fountain Problems-dsc00001.jpg  
Old 07-04-2002, 11:21 PM
MERCMAN

sorry to hear that , dont tell me your letting someone from fountain work on your mercruisers!!!!

Old 07-04-2002, 11:28 PM
Banned

Fountain was supposed to address my sea trial issues. They wont touch this boat again. After 4 trys it keeps getting worse and worse. I have a merc guy Russ Floyd who's running the run, hooked me up with that is pretty sharp. Fountain will degrease it and just say they took care of it.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Registered

Sorry to hear your problems....at least I hope your family got to see that huge firework display at the Weston...do you need some passes to the races?
Old 07-05-2002, 12:04 AM
GeoGraphics INC

Hey Fullthrottle42 Sorry to hear about your Fountain woes, Does that boat have red stripes? if so I think thats the boat they tried to sell to a friend of mine in Canada when it got here he sent it back, turns out it had been their demo boat !!!!