Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spending a Week in Cincinnati for work AND BRINGING MY BOAT! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/280380-spending-week-cincinnati-work-bringing-my-boat.html)

RT930turbo 07-10-2012 01:41 PM

Spending a Week in Cincinnati for work AND BRINGING MY BOAT!

Hey Cincinnati guys... I'll be spending July 20-27 in town for a work meeting. I'm going to bring the boat down and spend the week on it.

I have done some online research, and it looks like Four Seasons is the best place to spend the week? I need clean showers and a fun atmosphere. My class is at LUK airport so the proximity looks good too. Any advice or suggestions?

Love to meet some Oso'ers in town and do some boating on the river. :drink:

jmoore1225 07-10-2012 02:25 PM

water back in there is really muddy & shallow but manageable, but the restaurant/bar has great food & atmosphere!

Baja_342 07-10-2012 03:17 PM

Have to hit Ludlow Bromley Yacht club. I'll most likely be there on the weekend. I'll buy you a beer!

BoatShow239 07-10-2012 03:23 PM

If it is anything like what it was...

...you should have a good stay at Four Seasons.

Many years ago I was there for a while helping a friend get a boat ready for an extended trip. They were very friendly and as jmoore1225 said, the food and atmosphere was good.

I was as much impressed by their security as anything.

bobkatz 07-10-2012 04:17 PM

I'm at LUK almost everyday, what are you taking?
Four seasons is nice, You should also hit Party In the park (or whatever they are calling it) on Wednesday evening downtown.

RT930turbo 07-10-2012 04:17 PM

Thanks for the info guys. 342 I'd love to have a beer with ya! 740 five zero four 88 five five.

jmoore1225 07-10-2012 04:21 PM

I just found out Saturday they closed the reef down, pretty bummed about that. Especially for the reasons I was told!!

RT make sure to throw a few coats of wax on!!

glassdave 07-10-2012 04:25 PM

I went through a couple sets of props last time i ran down there. Run your spares or at least not your best ones if ya can :D

RT930turbo 07-10-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by bobkatz (Post 3727162)
I'm at LUK almost everyday, what are you taking?
Four seasons is nice, You should also hit Party In the park (or whatever they are calling it) on Wednesday evening downtown.

SMS audit training at EJM .... Fun stuff :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by jmoore1225 (Post 3727167)
I just found out Saturday they closed the reef down, pretty bummed about that. Especially for the reasons I was told!!

RT make sure to throw a few coats of wax on!!

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 3727169)
I went through a couple sets of props last time i ran down there. Run your spares or at least not your best ones if ya can :D

Good thought on wax, I'm sure ill have one hell of a mustach after a week!

Dave, would have never thought of that. Great idea. I'm definately throwing on my spares!

BoatShow239 07-10-2012 04:37 PM

How fast can you go...

...on Lake Hudson?

Do you ever venture to Muskingum River?