Texas Highway Patrol Boats >

Texas Highway Patrol Boats

Notices

Texas Highway Patrol Boats

Old 07-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree Gunfire is hard to beat , in fact the entire border should be a free fire zone with what is coming in now .
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
On the flip side, if anyone thinks the police are not being militarized need only look here.

I think that scares me more than the cartels.
Nah, not if you live on the border in Texas or AZ.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
That boat would be great if they would actually shoot at the drug dealers but all they do is watch them swim across the river. Have you guys seen that border wars show, they need to start shooting at those smugglers. If they aren't shooting I think it is a giant waste of taxpayer $$$
Don't be misled by a TV show. I have witnessed first-hand how DPS and Border Patrol handle situations at the border and real life is much different that what you see on the "reality" tv program. The State of TX has a "bunker" here in Austin with the latest and greatest of communications and surveillance equipment which is the best our tax dollars can buy. Same with the price of those gun boats.... $600k a pop. There is plenty of action going on down there (TX) every day.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered

As for speed I bet they can run 50 with guns blazing forward, bet that slows my boat down too . And even is they only go 30 they are still awesome. That's a lot of river to cover and if people weren't getting through, they wouldn't try it, all day, everyday. Glad I'm stuck with the Canadians, those guys are pretty awesome. To bad for the boaters all the new laws have made common ground to boat in harder to find...I miss Crsytal Bay

Guess I'll go to Sugar Island...oh yeah, that's off limits too. Fail.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

I believe that they're only authorized to fire after receiving fire.
But, I don't see it being long before they're authorized to try some strafing fire across the bow in the same manner as the Coast Guard cutters do, and then engaging the powertrains if the perps are noncompliant in stopping. Once they hit the shore on the other side of the border I'm sure they'll have to stop the engagement.
It wont have any resistance in Austin and the citizens of Texas would encourage it for sure.
I would have no problem being a gunners mate for free if they'd let me tag along on some weekend patrols. Hell, I'd buy the dinner and drinks afterwords to show my appreciation LOL!!!
Most people in the United States have no idea of just how bad it is in the valley nowadays.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 07-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I believe that they're only authorized to fire after receiving fire.
But, I don't see it being long before they're authorized to try some strafing fire across the bow in the same manner as the Coast Guard cutters do, and then engaging the powertrains if the perps are noncompliant in stopping. Once they hit the shore on the other side of the border I'm sure they'll have to stop the engagement.
It wont have any resistance in Austin and the citizens of Texas would encourage it for sure.
I would have no problem being a gunners mate for free if they'd let me tag along on some weekend patrols. Hell, I'd buy the dinner and drinks afterwords to show my appreciation LOL!!!
Most people in the United States have no idea of just how bad it is in the valley nowadays.

See ya,
Kelly
the "border" is in the middle of the river technically

as of now for the border patrol they will not engage anyone in the water at all even if it is clear they are further than half way

that includes not just gunfire, but any type of engagement

I happen to be watching some of those border wars shows online just the other day and there was a group they had caught coming across and they were in the reeds on the USA side about two steps from being on land and the border patrol had even grabbed some of their innertubes, but they just had a back and forth discussion with the individuals

the smuggler was telling everyone to swim back home and the agents were telling them it would not be safe because of the current

it ended when the smugglers had a woman in another group on the Mexican side start screaming like her child was drowning and the agents gave the innertubes back......the helicopter showed up and did not see anyone and they realized they were fooled.......a few more swam back, but some were so scared by it all they gave up and got out of the water

in some other cases after a "splashdown" where a car filled with drugs or illegals or both runs for it and drives back into the river there was multiple groups with innertubes and bundles swimming the cargo back to Mexico and it was stated the border patrol will not mess with anyone in any part of the water for everyone's safety

the one interesting aspect is on Falcon and Amistad where the boundary is clearly marked the agents make sure to never cross it......but when they are running on the river they will clearly run in the area that is well past the halfway point to Mexico
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Yamaha outboards? Not very patriotic!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!