Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake George info... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/280877-lake-george-info.html)

Stormrider 07-17-2012 08:16 AM

Lake George info...

Possibly booking a trip for end of August w/ the family.
The Sagamore comes highly recommended, but I need 2 rooms for the family and that gets pricey.
I like the boating rental availability, and it is a nice place.

Any thoughts from the locals?
I've never been to LG.

Thanks,

Rob

Big Time 07-17-2012 09:09 AM

I would look at options towards the south end of the lake in the actual town of Lake George. There is way more to do/see in that area of town versus Bolton (w/the exception of Performance Marine :drink:) . Fort William Henry is comparable to the Sagamore, but there are tons of other choices once you get towards that end of the Lake in all different price ranges. Call ahead and there are plenty of boat rental places in town, although you will likely end up w/a toon (not sure what you are looking for). I would especially recommend that end of town if you have kids....lots for them to do.

Gladhe8er 07-17-2012 10:26 AM

Yeah, you're looking at $5-700 a night per room at the Sagamore. Stay closer to LG village. Fort William Henry Motor Lodge is the only large hotel overlooking the water. Otherwise google "Canada St lake George Hotels/Motels. Then you have your chains like Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Best Western, Wyndham all within a mile drive.

As far as boat rentals there are some in LG Village and others in Bolton landing. Try Chic's Marina in Bolton. You will have easy access to "Log Bay" the #1 hang out spot on the lake. Its a straight shot across the lake from west to east. Sandy bottom, volleyball nets(sometimes), lots of boats/people. You can also head south to the village and tie up at the town docks.

If you have kids you are going to be doing a lot of other stuff other than hanging on the lake....mini golf, Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, Water Slide World, Outlet Shopping, batting cages, ice cream, walking around town, arcades, haunted houses/castles, Rodeo.

PM me if you need anything else. LG is mine and Big time's second home. We're actually heading up there this weekend...

35thls1ss19 07-17-2012 02:01 PM

how are they with noise restrictions? Also was thinking of taking a trip up this season

Big Time 07-17-2012 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by 35thls1ss19 (Post 3732434)
how are they with noise restrictions? Also was thinking of taking a trip up this season

They really seem to have cracked down on it in the past couple of years. For me, it wasn't worth the hassle after I got my 1st ticket. Normally if you stay north of the narrows (say north of Bolton Landing), you see a lot less of the LGPC, but the closer to town (south end of the Lake) the more you tend to see them and they will bust you!

Gladhe8er 07-17-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by 35thls1ss19 (Post 3732434)

If you have mufflers you should be OK, but like Big time said, its not worth it for me to pull my boat up there. Last time I did I got a ticket within 20 minutes adn they kicked me off the lake for the rest of the weekend...what a waste. Then I got kicked off the lake the next day on Big Time's boat LOL!

Limit is 90 db's. My 525 pulled 99.2. Big Times pulled like 97 and change. We also got booted a couple years earlier in our 22' Scarab with mild 7.4L(95 DB's)

Also remember there is a 45 MPH speed limit. They have radar guns.

35thls1ss19 07-17-2012 05:11 PM

wow that tough huh? i guess i wont take the ride :( Doesn't sound like a fun weekend to me

Stormrider 08-20-2012 12:22 PM

Well, I'll be in LG next week.
Any good spot on the water i should check out w/ my boat rental??

TeamSaris 08-20-2012 04:23 PM

You get my pm?

TeamSaris 08-20-2012 04:23 PM

Its not as bad as everyone thinks, just use your mufflers and your fine.
Everybody seems to love jumping on the "LG sucks" bandwagon...