Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Strike 3 for marinas...with names (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28101-strike-3-marinas-names.html)

Pure Energy 07-06-2002 12:01 PM

Strike 3 for marinas...with names

Strongs Marina in Mattituck Long Island

1. 2.5 yrs ago tried to charge $3900.00 to rebuild Bravo 1 upper

Sorry, I don't think so!

I misstakenly stored the boat there that following winter. I got a call after they winterized and they said that the fiberglass was cracked by the engine mounts and do I want it repaired. I said send me a proposal and I will let you know. 2 months go by and no proposal. I called and said I was coming to take the boat out of there and they said ok and that the work had been completed. Bill was over $4000. I said I did not authorize the work and am not paying. They said the boat would not be released until bill was paid. Well we negotiated and I bit the bullet so I could have the boat back and avoid legal process.

2. Predator Marine in Lakewood NJ.

1.5 yrs ago brought the Sonic there for Prochargers and steering. Long story but had to bring it back 3 times and still he could not get it right. Got nothing but excuses and lies. Finally brought it to my truck mechanic who got it to run perfectly.

Steve_H 07-06-2002 12:43 PM

My experience with marinas and performance shops has been nothing but a nightmare. I attribute it to greed, missmanagement, shotty work and the complete lack of professionalism, and imoral business practices.
i couldnt agree more.seams its par for course when it comes to marinas.

Back4More 07-06-2002 01:05 PM

If its was any easier there would be too my murons out there in our way.

puder 07-06-2002 03:16 PM

i woudl try falcon HP in hampton bays on Long Island. I have always heard good thing about them.

Pure Energy 07-06-2002 04:36 PM

Puder, actually they are my next x-marina.

puder 07-06-2002 04:57 PM

huh???

so you already tried them and had no luck??? or
you are about to try them and are expecting bad luck???

i know they did a hell of a job on sean olsen's 28ss cig

Pure Energy 07-06-2002 05:29 PM

They are my next choice. Optimisum has always preceded me but I have been beat down so much lately I am expecting the worst.

Yes, Sean's 28 is beautiful

I am looking forward to seeing the results of the 540's they are putting in his Cafe. If he gives me a good recomendation I will feel more comfortable.

Next will be MRD then Zul, not in that order though.

After that I should have obtained enough info to fix everything myself:D

puder 07-06-2002 06:10 PM

i woudl go to tehpeformanc eplaces but i just can;t afford it!!! the more work i can do myself on myboat the better!!!

I have also always heard good stuff about MRD and ZUL. But i didn;t think zul was doing independant stuff anymore. I had hear that they were only biulding engines directly for manufacturers like cigarette.

puder 07-06-2002 06:12 PM

i forgot ProMarine in NJ. I htink theya re by you. I was there for skatfest and have a nice setup. I have always heard good stuff abotu them too. Doug Lewis Bild s ahell of an engine. I saw 3 of his 1000hp mosters run (one during a dyno session) and they looked awesome!!! hell they even idled smoothly!!!!!