Notices

Random OSO thoughts

Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Soooooooooo, I'm sitting here ripped off my azz on pain meds from getting 2 wisdom teeth pulled and waiting for the Mecum auction to start; I decided to just put some stuff out there out of bordom:
Oh, that is such a great way to start a thread!!! Kind of like "With all due respect...." Ha ha ha.

for some reason, a picture of grandpa simpson flashed into my mind as the conversation wandered from one topic to a new one each sentence!

I agree on the 1350's, wow! Thought it was about a half million for a pair with 8's?

I like old school boats and their timeless paint jobs, too busy now a days.

Only thing missing from the first post was something political and what we need for a low cost entry level offshore race class!

Hope your feeling better with your teeth,

Brian
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I would say unless a flatbottom TG was sitting on a Myco made of 24K gold than it isn't going to sell for 125k.
That sucks. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and let mine go for $124,900 then, was really hoping for $125,000.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Soooooooooo, I'm sitting here ripped off my azz on pain meds from getting 2 wisdom teeth pulled and waiting for the Mecum auction to start; I decided to just put some stuff out there out of bordom:

While I think the technology is great, its seems a bit unreal that Merc gets $300K for a pair of 1300s. That just seems like an awful lot of money of that mass amount of parts and pieces, regardless of what they do. God bless those of you that can play at that level!

JMHO, but the Red multi-shade Mystic isn't that great of a looking boat. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own the thing, but the lines of that boat aren't as atractive to me as some of the skaters, MTIs and Nortechs out there.

Speaking of Skaters, the guy from Michigan (Ron) has the best looking boat I've ever seen in that gold cat he built! Bravo!

Another thing about a Skater and the guy from Michigan: He also has a 48 V thats powered by 700s (1400 total) and I read somewhere that the boat ran over 100 mph. I think its astounding that a near 50' boat can go that fast with such modest power (for the boat). Bravo again!

I jusr read a thread about Ocean Performance. Its so nice to see a group of people who go the extra mile for not only their customers, but their own success. Bravo!

I saw a thread about the price of some of the used boats out there. Every so often, a decent deal comes up by I agree by saying that most of the numbers seem high and in some cases stupid-high. I'm amazed that a 15 year-old flat bottom TG can still bring $125K.

Any news on the thieves?

I was wondering why the Jax poker run seemed like it wasn't what it used to be. Is it just perception?

Gotta go................
I like your thread, you bring up some points I had also been thinking about, such as the two Merc 1300's in the classifieds, the new 50' Mystic for sale in the classifieds, and the 48' Skater V that does run incredibly fast for the size and power that is in it..I am with ya...

With regards to Ocean Performance in CT, I have met Chris at some boat shows years back with my late-father, he is one helluva nice guy. When we used to visit my brother in Rhode Island (traveling form NJ) my father always wanted to stop in see what was happening there and or bullsh*t with Chris. I would always want to do business with someone I like, and would not hesitate to do business with Ocean Performance if the need arose.

And I was too wondering about the Card Shark incident, if that is what you are referring when you mention thieves. How did defendants Winters and Cropper make out? What is the outcome to that whole saga?

My random thought to add to this thread, is thank God for this website, I am addicted to OSO, I really look forward each day to see what new listing for boats is posted in the classified. There has been many incredible boats listed forsale througth the years on this site, many I call "dreams I'll never see" (unless I grow a money tree in my backyard).

And lastly, I am always impressed on the wisdom and knowledge that many of the members possess, and the acts of kindness that many members on OSO will provide to help out a fellow boater...that is a great thing!
Old 07-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Registered

I mean the 1350's aren't cheap but what's the cost vs Teagues or the big power Illmor's?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

I was once banned from OSO and I'll bet nobody even remember why. I was also taking pain meds after surgery that day!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor
I was once banned from OSO and I'll bet nobody even remember why. I was also taking pain meds after surgery that day!
please elaborate....
Old 07-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

dude is ripped on pain killers stressing on 1350's w/ #8's, 50ft mystics and skaters.....thats awesome
Old 07-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i just hope mecum auction doesn't have online bidding. dude would find himself with a (insert the voice from price is right) BRAND NEW CAR!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any news on the thieves?

Yes, none of them did it. LOL!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

The Merc motors are great and I have always had good service with them but I saw on the Merc site that the 1350 takes 125 man hours to build so if we figure $150 per hour we have $18750 in labor and that leaves $131,250 in parts.You can buy alot of parts for that!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.