Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
liquid glass cats being sold near me.  may have been posted before. >

liquid glass cats being sold near me. may have been posted before.

Notices

liquid glass cats being sold near me. may have been posted before.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default liquid glass cats being sold near me. may have been posted before.

http://www.usauctioneers.com/July26/boats.htm

Went and saw the both of them today. They look ok. Dirty and a little banged up. I heard that the green one had been shipped to dubai at one point in time. Green one has 850SCi's in it and the darker one has 700SCi's in it.

The auction is being held where mostly semi tractors and industrial equipment is being sold. No reserve (from what i understand) could be an ok buy for someone. I have heard lots of rumors regarding these boats and such.

this is what ive heard. there were 3 made and none sold. I heard that the two boats left may have been older at one point in time and then re worked and given new HIN numbers. Heard they were from an old profile mold.

All things ive heard... no verified facts. just strange but cool to see. esp here in iowa...
Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Profile never had a cat that big, but the molds may have been made for them. The owner of Liquid Glass was the previous owner of Profile Boats.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

The one with green paint is sharp.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm told the 850 SCi boat has 70 hour on it, it was painted by Mark at VI. The blue boat is the 700 boat and I haven't been able to confirm the hours. They have sold a few boat, Randy also has a few new ones at the shop.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct it is the 28 profile mold just stretched. 5 were made all in Dubai and the green one was shipped to dubai for boat shows
Brett
Old 07-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered

just cant believe they are at an auction in Bettendorf Iowa and being sold with semi tractors and heavy equipment. Just think there is a better forum for these boats to be sold. i guess a local bank here (The Rock Island Bank) holds the note on the both of them.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Code:
just cant believe they are at an auction in Bettendorf Iowa and being sold with semi tractors and heavy equipment. Just think there is a better forum for these boats to be sold. i guess a local bank here (The Rock Island Bank) holds the note on the both of them.

This statement is true and in fact one of the board members of the bank is probably going to end up buying the boats. These boats just need to be run and shown that they are a decent boat. I'm not a profile fan but I do believe the liquid glass boats can be a decent setup for the right person!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Registered

It's too bad neither have props. Would be a good deal for someone to water test them. or show people what they could do. would bring more $ IMHO
Old 07-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by black thunder 46
You are correct it is the 28 profile mold just stretched. 5 were made all in Dubai and the green one was shipped to dubai for boat shows
Brett
Some styling may have been taken from the 28 but the bottom looks a lot different and the beam is way too big to have been taken from the 28 mold. The glass fairing looks close to the 28. In fact, now that I think about it, randy had the plug CNC cut...