Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I want to burn some CD's for the boat. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28154-i-want-burn-some-cds-boat.html)

Payton 07-07-2002 10:03 PM

I want to burn some CD's for the boat.

I've downloaded a few cool songs from Winmx. They download as Mp3 files. Then after I burn the on a cd, they won't play. My boat ejects it. My car it sounds sorta like a modem. I was told the CD needs to see it as a WAV file. I can't find a way to change from MP3 to WAV.
How is it done?

If I search WinMX for wav files, there is only one or two or none, compare to hundreds of MP3s

What am I doing wrong? I want to play Low rider as I head out to the lake.:cool:

Bulldog 07-07-2002 10:16 PM

Payton-
There are basically 2 different types of music files- a CDaudio (.cda), and an MP3. The CD players you have are probably not MP3 compatible and can only play a CDA format disc.

Your CD burning software needs to be able to burn an audio format (CDA) disk using MP3 files as the source. One very good package is EZ cd creator. The last version is version 5.0. If you have this, simply select the 'audio format' CD icon, and simply select MP3 files. The conversion will be done 'on-the-fly', as the CD is burned.

Email me if you need more help!

Bullog aka Ronnie

Payton 07-07-2002 10:22 PM

Bulldog, thanks, I think I must need to upgrade. I use easy cd creator. It must be version 4 that I'm useing. I look into an upgrade.

Bulldog 07-08-2002 12:11 AM

WinMX
pulldown for filetype: select 'all files'
search on 'Creator'
it MIGHT work....

Laveyman 07-08-2002 04:48 AM

Originally posted by Payton
Bulldog, thanks, I think I must need to upgrade. I use easy cd creator. It must be version 4 that I'm useing. I look into an upgrade.
Go to Roxio.com This is the new site for Adaptec's CD Creator software. There is a free upgrade there for the latest versions of your software. Here's a link for ya.

Roxio

Enjoy :cool:

David 07-08-2002 06:48 AM

Winamp (free download) can be used to convert MP3 to .wav files. I use it when I burn music CD's for the kids.

deboatmon 07-08-2002 09:51 AM

Burn CD's for the boat

If your player doesn't play the MP3 CD's you may want to replace it with one that does. I just recently replaced the changer in my system with the new Sony changer that plays CDR, CDRW and MP3. I print labels for my disk's with pictures of my boat. This clearly identifies the CD's as belonging on my boat. I can also get 140-150 tracks on a single CD in MP3 format. With a 10 disc changer, that gives me all the music I could possibly need for the entire summer. In my opinion, MP3 is the way to go for a boat.

Good luck.

SR-24 07-08-2002 10:18 AM

Laveyman, Thanks for the post. I had version 4 and had some songs on my cd that wouldn't play and I figured that was the problem. I am downloading the upgrade now and will give it a try.

Laveyman 07-08-2002 10:39 AM

You're welcome! I too had an older version and was having problems with the deck reading some CD's. Adaptec's customer support folks were very helpful and pointed me to the site. The other problem I found was using CD's with the blue-colored writing surface. I switched to the Memorex CD's with a clear/faint green surface and no mo problemas! Again this was a recommendation from Adaptec. :cool:

Payton 07-08-2002 07:40 PM

I upgraded to Easy CD Creator # 4.5 , and it works just fine!! Thanks everyone.