HELP!   Need Reputable Service >

HELP! Need Reputable Service

Notices

HELP! Need Reputable Service

Old 08-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Need Reputable Service

We are disgusted and ready to sell our boat.

Does anyone know of a GOOD, Reputable Marine Service Mechanic in or near Paris, Tennessee?

Our boat has 100 hours on 2003 Gibson Houseboat: twin 496 Vortec. One engine is great; the other has a "minor" issue so we are told but no one can fix it.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

what is the minor issue?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered

The port side engine will not idle and "stumbles" even at 2200 rpm. We have had new fuel filers, spark plugs, sensors checked.

Now the mechanic thinks it is an air issue but asked me today if someone else is working on the boat since the codes are worse than the last time he was there. No one has worked on the boat but him.

We started the boat this weekend, it ran rough, so we did not take it out. He said just starting it would not cause anything but a code 33 not all the other code issues.

We just feel like we are getting the run around for money, money, money. Don't mind paying but would love to take the boat out of the slip occasionally.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Charter Member # 302
Charter Member

If he knows the codes he should be able to fix it. Get someone else and tell him now someone else IS Fixing it.

With all the other stuff you changed there's only a few things left. does it have a throttle position sensor? O2 sensor, Crank-Cam sensors? thats about all there is to control a fuel injected motor.

Again, if it has codes, he knows what it is......
Old 08-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Registered

That is what we think too. The problem is we do not know who to call. There are no good marine folks on Kentucky lake. We are so frustrated with this. Everyone on our dock has the same problem when they need a mechanic: no choices.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I would try to offer some advice but no way can I ever give any help to anyone named "Volfan"

No, seriously. I don't know any reliable mechanics on KY lake, I know several on Cumberland but don't think they travel as far as KY or Barkley.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Registered

Wildcat: Sounds like sour grapes to me!!!

Thanks for the info. We may have to take it back to Pickwick but are really afraid to travel that far with it for fear of really screwing up the motor.

See you on the football field GO BIG ORANGE