JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever! >

JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever!

Notices

JB Hooks at LOTO worst restaurant ever!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I stopped ordering steak in restaurants years ago. It is just too unpredictable and I can cook my own tenderloins from Costco on the grill just how I like them.

I'm with you. Our local fareway has an awesome meat department. They really take pride in what they have. And Grab tenderloins and have a system. perfect every time. Better than any restaurant.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcall02
What ever happened to the customer is always right? I agree with Indy. I would love to be there the day he pulls that on the wrong person. What comes around goes around, he'll get his one day.
the customer is never always right, but when a customer does have a valid complaint or concern it should be handled professionally.

Lately I have been watching the show undercover boss, a guy that was running a hooters, made the girls do "reindeer games" in front of the Owner, you could see the look of disgust on the owners face...at the end they put on screen that "Jimbo has looked for other employment options.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcall02
What ever happened to the customer is always right? I agree with Indy. I would love to be there the day he pulls that on the wrong person. What comes around goes around, he'll get his one day.
It's a possibility that'll happen, but then again I thought someone was going to work over Hionas but he just laughed at everyone and hung a new shingle somewhere else.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered

I have found that guys like that are just Miserable little men. The best revenge is Living Well and knowing he's a grown man, managing a restaurant for 16 g's a year, half of which goes to child support because he talked a couple of white trash/meth head waitresses into riding his Gurken! Bwahahahaha!!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Gold Member

alittle off the bill,or a free drink or two will go a long way ,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess some people jus dont get the thing about word of mouth.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bcfountain
alittle off the bill,or a free drink or two will go a long way ,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess some people jus dont get the thing about word of mouth.
a loooong way. Best 75 cents a bar owner can spend
Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
the customer is never always right, but when a customer does have a valid complaint or concern it should be handled professionally.

Lately I have been watching the show undercover boss, a guy that was running a hooters, made the girls do "reindeer games" in front of the Owner, you could see the look of disgust on the owners face...at the end they put on screen that "Jimbo has looked for other employment options.
Been watching that show myself. Watched about 9 hours worth last sunday recovering from Saturday. I seen the Hooters episode your talking about. I was heated and disgusted. You could tell that manager was a fat a** that was always picked on and never got any hot chicks. This was his way of being "Boss".
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got off the phone with the owner. He was very glad to hear what happened and said he would take care the issue. I certainly hope so, as they have a great facility with great views of the lake and a nice atmosphere. We will see.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SummerObsession
I just got off the phone with the owner. He was very glad to hear what happened and said he would take care the issue. I certainly hope so, as they have a great facility with great views of the lake and a nice atmosphere. We will see.
Did he offer you anything to get you back in the doors such as 50% off your next visit, a few free drinks....anything? Possibly your own reserved slip for a month. lol Or even better, that POS manager has to wash your boat everytime you stopped there to eat for the entire time he is still employeed.

Last edited by lastcall02; 08-01-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

I am not saying the food was not bad, but did the people you saw having the same steaks (the reason you ordered them) have any issues....were they still there when you had the issue?

unfortunately I am sure there were several issues that lead up to this.....restaurants today do not know how to label or rotate food, restaurant staff can make a great meal one minute and make something that taste like a shoe the next, too many losers do try and get a free meal, management gets beat over the head with this, people do not want to admit there was a mistake anymore (the manager) and on and on

the "staff" probably served you the steak that had not been rotated properly while everyone else around was getting fresh food.....the manager was probably about to throw up after he ate it, but could not bring himself to admit a mistake was made (the challenge to a fight was over the line though haha)....too many people today think that if their water is not the right temperature it means a free meal and a free meal the next time (not saying this is you)....but with that around it makes managers all the more defensive......I think sometimes that "tourist" type places get it the worst because people expect their vacation to be perfect and they are away from home and do not care about being embarrassing to themselves

clearly a bad experience and a wrong way to handle it, but I can also see how restaurant managers get worked up.....but not to the point of fighting haha.....I would have offered to replace the item with something else or offered a free desert......many might not like this, but I probably would have refrained from comping the item if I REALLY believed that it was good (I doubt he did but you never know some people eat crap long enough they think anything is good)

again not saying the OP is a scammer or they just did not like something that everyone else would have loved, but restaurants today have to put up with so many scammers they should already have a policy in place to deal with it and only break it for cases where there is a clear issue....IMO the easiest way to have that policy is offer to replace the item, offer a different item, or offer a free desert

when you just "comp" an item IMO you get a reputation for doing that and the hordes of losers that infest our society move in like wildfire

again just to be clear I am not saying the OP is a scammer or the experience was acceptable, but I can understand how a restaurant manager gets to the point of losing it......sadly as we see on this very forum the fact that people have the money for nice things no longer means they are above scamming people at every chance

I would imagine the restaurant manager had probably grown tired of 30,000aires and dude brahs in 80K wake board boats coming in and chowing down and then complaining about something.....sadly he took the chance to express that emotion on someone that was actually having a bad meal and poor quality food

again IMO the way to avoid having that emotion is to know how to nip that behavior in the bud before people get in the habit of trying it at your restaurant.....which is never offer to just take an item off the check....offer to replace it or replace it with something else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.