Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Team Virgin (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28192-team-virgin.html)

Clay Avedisian 07-08-2002 11:01 AM

Team Virgin

Where's the Team Virgin boys, no listings at the last 2 APBA events, are they racing SBI?

blackhawk 07-08-2002 04:03 PM

They took 5th at the opener in Daytone. I am not sure about any of the other races.

GOFSTCAT 07-08-2002 06:06 PM

the rumor has them packing it in and selling off the equipment

TulsaLarry 07-08-2002 06:19 PM

GOFSTCAT

I hope that you are wrong about Team Virgin packing it in, they have been one of my favorite teams and are truly nice people.

I am starting to worry about the Super Cat class. I have missed Cat Can Do this year and the no shows at Savanah included Virgin, Hidden Agenda, Spirit of Puerto Rice and Pier 57.

What about the other great teams that packed it in: Team Yahoo, Relief Band, Holiday Inn, of course Carlos and Charlies:( , Jelly Belly and others. Wouldn't it be great to see them all return and have a fleet of 15 to 20 Super Cats at each race.

GOFSTCAT 07-08-2002 06:39 PM

tulsalarry
well I saw sprit at lake X still being re-rigged after it flipped they should be back soon

Goodfella 07-08-2002 07:57 PM

Don't fret,
Another Super Cat team is going to debut in Cleveland.
J.E.M. Motorsports :D

Becca 07-08-2002 08:27 PM

Hidden Agenda blew a Sterling at Cape Cod. Chris is funding the entire effort from his own wallet. Derryberry is building 2 s/c engines. Their spare was still at Sterling in rotation. Blue Lightning will also get out there soon. Engine program and the re-balancing of the boat to make it competitive. Bye

Ryan Beckley 07-08-2002 08:57 PM

SUPERCATS........

-Randy Linbach / Bob Morgan have a brand new skater SC comming very soon (set up by Jerry Gilbreath)
-Jay Muller has a new 40 Motion that will debut at Cleveland
-Terry Aryes and an un none person have purchased the old 40 Skater DON Q and are supposed to race it sometime this season.
-Todd Werner (FLOWMASTER) has purchased Relief Band but won't race it until he gets a sponsor.
-NCR Supercat?????
-Pier 57 back in APBA????
-Virgin (the worlds if ever? any one wanna buy a beautiful boat?)
-Hidden Agenda (?????????????????)
-Cat Can Do (Ran the old Extreme boat in Savannah)
-Out of Bounds (Remodling there boat?????)
-Blue Lightning (was in lots of pieces at Competitve Edge before the season started)
-Spirit of PR (getting rerigged not sure if it will race again)

boater31v 07-08-2002 10:11 PM

Cat Can Do has a new Skater coming. The first run for the new boat was at Smoke On The Water.

BTJ88 07-09-2002 08:24 AM

Originally posted by boater31v
Cat Can Do has a new Skater coming. The first run for the new boat was at Smoke On The Water.
Not totally new - it is the old Carlos n Charlies boat - re-rigged. Complete new deck and center pod canopy. They didn't run it in SOTW but ran it in the Savannah race last weekend. This boat is the "Baker Engineering" boat.