Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Underwater thru-hull Ex. fitings... good/bad????? >

Underwater thru-hull Ex. fitings... good/bad?????

Notices

Underwater thru-hull Ex. fitings... good/bad?????

Old 07-08-2002, 01:15 PM
Secret F233

Default Underwater thru-hull Ex. fitings... good/bad?????

I was thinking of doing the underwater thru-hull EX. fitings for my F233 for the quiet at low speeds & performance on plane. Any words of advice & how do they work????

Old 07-08-2002, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember reading a tech article in Powerboat last year addressing the underwater thru hull outlets. Bob Teague said that the boat was quiet around the docks, but the underwater outlets made for some strange engine behavior in rough water. He said that upon launching the boat off a swell, he found the engines would lose 500-600 rpm when the bottom of the boat contacted the water again. I guess water was forced against the exhaust outlets upon re-entry and greatly increased the backpressure. Teague also noted that this could have some negative impact on engine reliability. Hope this helps...

Racing_Fan
Old 07-08-2002, 07:33 PM
Registered

I have under water exhaust on our boat and love it. I have never had a problem with loosing rpm after launching off of a wave and I get the entire boat out of the water plenty . (Just ask THirsty turtle or caincando). We have huge noise laws up here and having the under water exhaust is awesome, .
Old 07-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Registered

I have underwater exaust on my 25' Warlock and it works great. At idle or no wake speeds you can hear the stereo perfectly. Mine also has flaps. We run the Mississippi on the upper Alton Pool
Old 07-09-2002, 08:19 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info ....I posted a simular question the other day in the tech section......got no response...guess I need to shower more often
Old 07-09-2002, 09:34 AM
Secret F233

Thanks guys good to hear I know a lot of the older F233’s had this but mine does not I guess I’ll start researching the manufacturers. I just love it when the Supra’s & Master-Crafts fire up hear on Lake St Louis the underwater fittings make for such a classy sound kind of like the old Chris Woody’s of yesteryear. Any hu thanks again anyone know a good resource for ex. fittings…….

Old 07-09-2002, 09:47 AM
Secret F233

1966 Formula F233 & Formula jr
Attached Thumbnails Underwater thru-hull Ex. fitings... good/bad?????-66formulas2.jpg  

Old 07-09-2002, 10:20 AM
turbo2256

When going with below the waterline exhaust I would recomend internal as well as external flaps

Old 07-09-2002, 10:55 AM
Registered

www.cpperformance.com has a few fittings...look under exhaust accessories...have seen a few others on dif exhaust manuf. sites..corsa .. stainless marine ..... ect...
Old 07-09-2002, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming properly tuned engines, will you get more exhaust/scum line with underwater exhaust than above water exhaust?

Quick Reply: Underwater thru-hull Ex. fitings... good/bad?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.