Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ethanol serves as unnatural gas for boating... >

Ethanol serves as unnatural gas for boating...

Notices

Ethanol serves as unnatural gas for boating...

Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Taylors has 89 non E right here on the Rivah. That's all I use in the Mastercraft and I take my caddy up there and fill it to have non E for all the lawn equipment.

Hey stranger. I knew about Taylors but I'm not down there much anymore (when was the last time you saw me?)......and it is 60-70 miles from my house.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:12 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by inthetundra
That sucks...you would think marine fuel could be classed differently since it is at a dock and not available for cars
It is. My understanding is that the distributors don't/won't carry both types so there is no supply. The 2 marinas listed above must be getting non E from quite a distance...and at about a dollar/gal more, charge accordingly!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
WHAT.....mapquest shows it as 140 miles each way!!!
You are totally right. My bad. I was thinking of Mineral, but typed Bedford instead. There was a place in the town of Mineral or Bumpass that is where I've gone to, but I don't see it on the list.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Southern States brings non e fuel to my house, but only 87 or 89 no more 91. I pay about what it is at the street or a little less.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

thats why i run marvel mystery oil in my tanks on my boat during the season and off season i put alittle staybil in it. marine version of course.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Southern States brings non e fuel to my house, but only 87 or 89 no more 91. I pay about what it is at the street or a little less.
if getting it delivered like that you should be able to avoid all the state and federal road use taxes which would help lower the cost although anyone can get the form to fill out for a fuel tax refund for off road use

also you can boost your octane with toluene or xylene and then use a bit of mineral spirits and some transmission fluid for lubrication and "cleaning"....those are the basic ingredients of many octane boosters sold over the counter......formulas are online use at your own risk of course
Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have yet to hear one advantage of the E 10 or E15?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexasVines
if getting it delivered like that you should be able to avoid all the state and federal road use taxes which would help lower the cost although anyone can get the form to fill out for a fuel tax refund for off road use

also you can boost your octane with toluene or xylene and then use a bit of mineral spirits and some transmission fluid for lubrication and "cleaning"....those are the basic ingredients of many octane boosters sold over the counter......formulas are online use at your own risk of course
I am boatless right now, big boat anyway. But my next one will run on 87 or 89 I am done with big HP SC engines. Most all builders can make 1000 hp or more on the crappy gas we have now.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

That's because there aren't any!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tbanzer
1. it is less expensive than gas

2. it burns cleaner than gas and it helps gas burn cleaner

3. it employes thousands if not more Americans

4. it has allowed tens of thousands of American farmers to stay profitable

5. it can get the same or better mileage in a properly configured engine

6. it allows the USA to add value to an export instead of exporting a raw product and it allows the USA to export two value added products DDGs and Ethanol instead of a single raw product corn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.