Best boat under 40k for Erie

Notices

Best boat under 40k for Erie

Old 08-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link?

Originally Posted by formula 382 sr-1
There is a 95 382 formula in Portsmouh va for $43,000 500's efi on boxes AC on a trailer !!!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you have to give some better descriptions of what you want. As in length, twins or singles. Things like more cock pit room, handles rough water, more cabin space. Or just best boat all around for the money.

Like I said some good brands are formula, fountain, power quest, baja and check mates are good boats as well.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

I am looking for a boat, probably minimum of 26ft. singles, or twins, I don't care. I do 90% of my boating alone, I prefer boating alone, so I don't need a 50 or anything, but I can operate a boat pretty well, so 38 or 39 would be about the biggest I need. ROUGH WATER CAPABILITY that is my greatest desire, I want a boat that I can cruise at least 40-45 in 3-4 footers, with no problem. Cockpit space, I would like to have some decent enough room, if I do have a couple buddies or family members with me. I go to the beach, so I Need to draft less that 4 and a half feet, but I don't think thats a problem. Might spend the occassional night at Put-In-Bay.. That would mainly be with company, so sleep 4 would be a big plus.... Which leads me to another question, how are the Scarab P29s? I have a neighbor who owns one and he loves it. Another boat I have in mind is a Formula 357 SR1, or a 29 Fountain Fever. Thanks guys, any other suggestions would be great, and like I said, this is for probably 1-2 years so, just working to set my goals.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

So if i'm understanding you right you are asking what you should be looking at 2 years from now...

You have underscored rough water capability -- in 2 years -- even right now -- you can find an awful lot of 38' Top Guns for 40K...
pic one with mild power and decent bravo replacements and you will have a rough water boat that has enough room and will get you your speed.
There are a ton of 90's Guns that have had a lot of money dumped into them and a constantly coming for sale. Might not be the newest but as far as your needs it will beat up any of the beforenamed boats in this thread without trying.
I boat on Lake Erie and alot of boats run around the lake -- when it gets rough there's not many that cruise at 45 mph in 4 fters without having to tighten screws after a while. Good Luck.

Dave
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered

For what you are looking to spend you can find lot of older Formulas that will fit the bill on what you want from a boat.
A buddy of mine bought a 89 35ft Formula with a lift at LOTO for like 27K
Old 08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

28 Apache or saber. IMO any boat bigger than 30ft and capable of handling those waters will not be in very good condition for less than $40K. I've been proven wrong before......
Old 08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol
So if i'm understanding you right you are asking what you should be looking at 2 years from now...

You have underscored rough water capability -- in 2 years -- even right now -- you can find an awful lot of 38' Top Guns for 40K...
pic one with mild power and decent bravo replacements and you will have a rough water boat that has enough room and will get you your speed.
There are a ton of 90's Guns that have had a lot of money dumped into them and a constantly coming for sale. Might not be the newest but as far as your needs it will beat up any of the beforenamed boats in this thread without trying.
I boat on Lake Erie and alot of boats run around the lake -- when it gets rough there's not many that cruise at 45 mph in 4 fters without having to tighten screws after a while. Good Luck.

Dave
Very good point, I do not see how I could go wrong with a Top Gun, I like those boats very much..... will need to keep my eyes peeled.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

28 pantera!!!! i do just fine on erie and ontario. i recommend twins vs a single. stock power and bravos. wont kill you in repairs or fuel and will give you the speed and ride that is enjoyable
Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Registered

What would be a good year to look for, for that Pantera? What type of speed do you get from yours? How does it handle 4s at good speed. Have you had it any of the real rough stuff?
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBoater
Very good point, I do not see how I could go wrong with a Top Gun, I like those boats very much..... will need to keep my eyes peeled.
top guns are ulitmate boats.. you can find them reasonably priced but you better have a pretty big bank roll ready for upkeep and operating costs. most 30-40k guns need another 30-40 k to make them turn key and reliable for semi headache free boating. but on the same note one the best rides of my life was on a straight bottom gun with 1000's and konrads doing 99mph in 4-5 footers on lake ontario. good luck with the hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.