Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Donzi 22 Shelby GT Video - Don Aranow / Carroll Shelby >

Donzi 22 Shelby GT Video - Don Aranow / Carroll Shelby

Notices

Donzi 22 Shelby GT Video - Don Aranow / Carroll Shelby

Old 08-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depth is probably 3-5 feet. The problem right now are the weeds. They can even plug up strainers. We will be taking care of that,next year,if not sooner. Would love to have you stop by!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by spectras only
There's one in my neighborhood. 496 with Bravo1X. Love the blue on it. Picture is a bit off without flash inside the boathouse.
Those are pretty old pics 'cause we had the engine out of her almost as soon as it got here and it looks a little different now. The owner designed the whole thing and spec'd it exactly the way he wanted it right down to the width of the stripes. It was the first one and Donzi called it the Aronow edition which I believe got them in some hot water.. Shortly after, the Shelby was released. I like the scoop on this one better. It's actually in my shop right now.
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 22 Shelby GT Video - Don Aranow / Carroll Shelby-photo-3-.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Those are pretty old....
Those pictures were taken in my garage in Arizona before we brought the boat up to Vancouver for delivery. Steve's boat was actually the #5 Aronow & as stated is the only one with stripes. Donzi was extremely reluctant to put stripes on what was intended to be a solid color boat. As the boat was being built though someone at Donzi noticed the design & the Shelby idea was spawned. I have pictures somewhere from the day we delivered and water tested the boat.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hey you guys, can I swing by tomorrow checking her out? would love to see it in person.RickSE, I've talked to you a while back about your boat, did you solve the chine walking with a shorty or installed tabs?

Last edited by spectras only; 08-09-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GB

FFS....Relax Cat. This is a discussion board about performance boats.
First my reply's are "Weak Azz reply's"..... now my reply was too strong for your sensibilities? bud, check your estrogen level, you sound like my EX.
Friendly little piece of advice..... Don't go around poking wasp nests and then cry when you get stung.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey you guys, can I swing by tomorrow checking her out? would love to see it in person.RickSE, I've talked to you a while back about your boat, did you solve the chine walking with a shorty or installed tabs?
Stop by anytime.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

I'll stop by tomorrow around 1:00. You'll be there?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Mine just wants to porpoise at anything under 60-mph w/o a little tab. I've just gotten used to it and run the tabs just below neutral most of the time. I just switched from 150s tabs to 280s so we'll see if this changes anything. I really want to swing a trip up to Vancouver one of these years.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be interesting how they work out. I tried talking my brother in law into them and try some props.He had the mindset if DONZI spec'd it this way that this stock set up is the way it needs to be tho..
It takes a lot of tab to keep it under control.
I did manage it well with practice as seen one hand filming here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Th9O5Mtpak
He wound up selling the Boat.

Originally Posted by RickSE
Mine just wants to porpoise at anything under 60-mph w/o a little tab. I've just gotten used to it and run the tabs just below neutral most of the time. I just switched from 150s tabs to 280s so we'll see if this changes anything. I really want to swing a trip up to Vancouver one of these years.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RickSE
I just switched from 150s tabs to 280s so we'll see if this changes anything.
Any feedback yet on how the 280s worked out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.