Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash >

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Notices

My Way Crew Confirmed to be OK After Crash

Old 08-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I like poker runs, been to a few of them. It going to suck when there arent any more of them. I wasn't there so I dont know what happened, but if you drive your car into a tree because you hit a big pothole, or flip your car swerving to avoid a squirel, you can bet your getting a ticket for driving faster than resonable and pudent for current conditions and failing to maintain control of your vehicle.

Extreme speeds in an enclosed canopy race boat belong on the race course in a controlled environment.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guss You know what really happen???
Old 08-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
I guss You know what really happen???
All I know is that something happened that made what was supposed to be a fun day not so fun. And the fun police and the fun insurers dont like it when things arent so fun.....
Old 08-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Registered

Oh. Thanks now I know what really happen.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, you tell us, what DID happen?
Old 08-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Registered

All I can say is the boys left brockville a ok around 1.30 pm headed east there were 3 consecutive big arsed river boats about 5 mins apart and heading west, (can/will post video shortly) must've stuffed it in one of those wakes.......if you guys are gonna bash mr t..well you way as well bash em all....they all like to run their machines, easy for everyone to say that he's careless or whatever. He a class a person, gladly shake anyone's hand and talk boats, as mentioned been on those waters for 20+ yrs he is a true gentleman...oh and has more seat time behind the wheel then most do shaaadddduppppp
Old 08-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paintman
All I can say is the boys left brockville a ok around 1.30 pm headed east there were 3 consecutive big arsed river boats about 5 mins apart and heading west, (can/will post video shortly) must've stuffed it in one of those wakes.......if you guys are gonna bash mr t..well you way as well bash em all....they all like to run their machines, easy for everyone to say that he's careless or whatever. He a class a person, gladly shake anyone's hand and talk boats, as mentioned been on those waters for 20+ yrs he is a true gentleman...oh and has more seat time behind the wheel then most do shaaadddduppppp
thank you
Old 08-12-2012, 06:39 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

From the outside looking in... Only commenting on what I have read here and know from partaking in other poker runs. Poker run events are not supposed to be about speed but a fun safe day with friends & family. As accidents go, most can be avoided if proper precautions are taken. As some have said earlier, if these kinds of speeds are contributing to accidents at poker runs then you will soon see less poker runs and or additional speed limitations on the waters around the country. We are often our own worst enemy to the sport we love.
There is definitely a time and place to stretch the legs of a boat that has the ability to hit speeds beyond reasonable prudence where there is potential for causing injury to others. I am not in any way questioning the experience or ability of the driver of the boat in this case and I am certainly glad to hear no one was hurt. It was an accident and they do happen and thus the reason to minimize the potential of others being unnecessarily involved.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Okay great enlighten us then. Because here is what we know:
1. He has already had an incident at a poker run spinning out at excessive speed this year with other people in the boat.

2. He was at this poker run running at high speed when obviously he or the boat was going to fast for conditions.

3. We have had too many deaths in our sport this year.

4. This is why insurance companies, police, marine patrol etc. break our balls because guys like this are reckless out there.

5. This is why no insurance companies want to do the poker runs.

If you want to go out and run 200 mph plus and push the envelope I get that, but there is a time and palace for it and does not appear he knows where that is. It is just plain stupid and someone is going to get seriously injured or worse. A little common sense goes a long way here. This is not a bash, love the boat it just outrages me to think there could be an incident victim in one of these accidents. My .02 my rant is over.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 369 Likes on 248 Posts

here are some pictures from a local forum...

http://www.bateausportquebec.ca/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.