Enjoy! John Teague
Old 08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool!!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome, always love your videos. Is the see-saw action at the steering wheel a technique or is it just the feedback of the system through the wheel?

It appears that maybe he lets off the wheel if he feels it starting to hook too much, but yet still trying to be agressive through the turns??
Old 08-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered

Awsome!!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great Race
Old 08-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Registered

Bad ass!

Thanks for posting.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RickSE
That's awesome, always love your videos. Is the see-saw action at the steering wheel a technique or is it just the feedback of the system through the wheel?

It appears that maybe he lets off the wheel if he feels it starting to hook too much, but yet still trying to be agressive through the turns??
I dont exactly have a justification for the "see saw" during the turns. My driving technique is mainly learned from conversations and watching videos of Paul Whittier (besides the basic feel of how to drive one and feel the limits of the boat). You hook and correct the boat multiple times in the same turn, especially when adjusting to another race boat in the lane next to you. Keeping the wheel moving A: Keeps your reactions extremely quick, B: allows me to bite and unlock in increments. For example: instead of just turning the wheel 360 degrees (which would most likely flip the boat) you turn it 90 degrees at a time then release it 45 degrees, repeat. Youll feel the bite come on and off, and you are more ready to counter if you nail a bump and it oversteers.

That make sense?
JT
Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by teaguecustommarine
I dont exactly have a justification for the "see saw" during the turns. My driving technique is mainly learned from conversations and watching videos of Paul Whittier (besides the basic feel of how to drive one and feel the limits of the boat). You hook and correct the boat multiple times in the same turn, especially when adjusting to another race boat in the lane next to you. Keeping the wheel moving A: Keeps your reactions extremely quick, B: allows me to bite and unlock in increments. For example: instead of just turning the wheel 360 degrees (which would most likely flip the boat) you turn it 90 degrees at a time then release it 45 degrees, repeat. Youll feel the bite come on and off, and you are more ready to counter if you nail a bump and it oversteers.

That make sense?
JT
Good info John, Im sure I will ask you more about it friday when I see you on the lunch run, I watched the vid and was wondering the same thing
Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Registered

I enjoyed that.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very cool video!! Just wondering why the no hands down a straight away? Have no racing experience at all, just curious!

Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.