Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Some guy hit my boat at the dock!!! >

Some guy hit my boat at the dock!!!

Notices

Some guy hit my boat at the dock!!!

Old 07-08-2002, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Some guy hit my boat at the dock!!!

I had just put in the water on Friday after the 4th, tied up to the dock, and some dude comes motoring in too fast and gets sideways at the dock...then tries to correct by overpowering and swings the nose of his boat into the side of my hull. His anchor that was hanging off the nose of the boat hit first...I just look down and shake my head in disbelief...I jump in my boat to check the damage, and ask him to be more careful next time.......and then he denies hitting my boat!!!! WTF?!!! Why can't people just admit their mistakes...I was more than understanding...I didn't even raise my voice
Old 07-08-2002, 11:35 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have denied throwing my anchor into the side of his boat at that point.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:46 PM
MIdnightRider

Next time that happens call me and I'll lone out my "Beef Cake" Pocket Change to throw some bodies around! Ask the funny guy in Grand Haven who smashed the water balloons all over our boats. MIdnight

Old 07-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Registered

US1 Fountain,

That was funny as hell...I'm still laughing at your response

MidnightRider,

I read about the water balloon incident the other day Next time I meet some joker at the dock I'll give you a holler and we can open up a can of whoop-ass on 'em!
Old 07-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Registered

So is he paying for any damage?

BT
Old 07-09-2002, 08:13 PM
Gumbydammit

Angry

At least he could have been decent about admitting it.

I think when people get around docks, they get so worried that someone is going to think they are stupid, they screw up by default.

Old 07-09-2002, 08:53 PM
Curt

As bad as having a moron ram your boat right in front of you is; I can beat that! This weekend I had my boat tied at the Hyatt on the Savannah river. Unfortunately the boat dock is right on River street which is where most of the foot traffic happens to be. Therefore you get a lot of drunk passers by fresh from a few dozen beers wandering down the street. Aparently these drunk jack asses decided my Fountain, with a brand new interior, would look better with a couple of traffic diversion devices sitting in my interior. So they threw an orange traffic cone and an orange and white stripped traffic horse (without the flashing light on top) into my boat tearing a hole in the seat backing!!! Whats up with people these days? What I wouldn't give to have been in the cabin when this happened. Damn!

Old 07-09-2002, 11:57 PM
Registered

luckily there was no damage....i don't know how though. he hit me pretty hard. must be some strong gelcoat

these guys were so unprepared to approach the dock...no fenders on either side, guy driving approaches with his outboard revving away at 1500+ rpm, and his deck hand jumps off the back as they approach the dock, sending the back end towards me...driver overcorrects and sends the front end into my starboard side

curt,

sorry to hear about your mishap i don't know what's wrong with people these days hopefully you'll be able to repair the seat backing without too much trouble. i don't know what i'd do if i saw some bozos doing something like that to my boat...to me it's the ultimate disrespect to mess with someone's stuff like that...i would have a hard time keeping a situation like that from becoming an all-out beatdown...good luck with the repairs!
Old 07-10-2002, 10:05 AM
jb
Registered

I hate hearing **** like that. All the prep I do for docking and evaluating space and distance...
I guess I am so paranoid to hit something I do all that. Why cant other people!!!!

I also hate leaving my boat in heavy traffic areas. I have had **** stolen off the boat like jackets, and get this...empty .05 returnables. For those that dont have in your state is a .05 cent deposit on bottles and cans.
Watched em walk right on grap the bag of empties and take off. F#$$@# Footprints on the seat. Hey he could have had rocks in his shoes
Old 07-15-2002, 05:59 PM
Registered

Come on guys - I can still beat that - how about having your brand new 25 Baja Outlaw less than a year - tied up at the dock minding your own business and along comes the ex husband in his newly purchased used boat and rams into the side of your new boat...because he didn't know how to dock it. I know my husband wanted to KILL my ex husband - but my daughter (from ex husband) was with us and he didn't want her to watch the blood shed! Some people just should own a boat!