Looking for a good place to keep my boat in Florida >

Looking for a good place to keep my boat in Florida

Notices

Looking for a good place to keep my boat in Florida

Old 09-09-2001, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Looking for a good place to keep my boat in Florida

I will be shipping my boat to ,Fort Lauderdale Florida, December until end of march.
I am looking for a Indoor facility[ shelf storage, with a realiable[ honest] mecanic, for matinence etc. My boat is 42 feet long,9"6 beam weighs aroung 1400lbs or so, also will have trailor to store outdoors is fine if its a safe place. would like to get some quotes.

I will be spending 2 months in Fort Lauderdale, Jan and Feb may be longer if all goes well.

any members from this area?

thanks
Gary
Old 09-09-2001, 11:21 PM
Registered

Gary:
Give Everglades Marina a call. They are in Ft. Lauderdale on the Intercoastal Waterway at the 17th Street bridge (10 minutes to the ocean). I don't have any personal experiance with them, but when I lived down there I would go there to drool over the hardware the had in there. Serious go-fasts! I believe they have a site on the web.

Bill
Old 09-09-2001, 11:34 PM
fermin

Cig42 you are long and heavy. Must be nice.
You should call Marina 1 in Deerfield Beach FL. for your boat. This marina is beautiful and is a class outfit, many Cigs moorne there. Crystal Lake RV & Storage is the place for your trailer, about $120.00/month.

I will post #'s when I get in office tommorow.

joey O

Old 09-09-2001, 11:39 PM
Registered

Cigwillie:
Yeah I've been there many times to look at boats, nearly bought a 47 fountain sport cruiser this spring, when i went back to make an offer it was sold.
I kept my boat across the water way at performance marine 3 years ago, they were pretty good to me but cost 500.00 per month, and they seemed to busy to get the stuff i wanted done,I would like to go to someone who is on this board or has good rep from some of the OSO members.

Thanks
Gary
Old 09-10-2001, 12:01 AM
Registered

Thanks Joey,
found their website athttp://www.yachtworld.com/marinaone/
but no pictures or pricing so i will call them tomorrow, i will be in Lauderdale area next week, I hope to get a few ideas before i get there since my time will be limited.
Thanks
Gary
Old 09-10-2001, 09:21 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Mark Adams has an indoor facility and houses several folks HP boats. He can truck it to the ramp for you and maintain it between runs. He's a fine guy, very reasonable to work with. Robert Tanner keeps his Apache's there.

Steve Schmidt at Competitive Edge Marine can help you if Mark doesn't have room. Steve was Crew Chief for the Alcone team for years and has a well located, safe facility as well. Currently home for the Relief Band and Spirit of Puerto Rico boats.

I've been a customer of both and found them honorable.

Steve David
Old 09-10-2001, 03:29 PM
Registered

Thanks Steve:
I met Steve Schmidt last winter at his place I don't believe it was on the water though? and storage outdoors? he was very friendly and sure knows his trade.

I will stop by next week since I have postponed my trip until the weather gets better in Lauderdale.

re: Mark Adams does he have a travel lift and where is he located.

I need a travel lift or fork lift, trailer is
not real good unless the ramp is very gradual and deep.

Thanks
Gary
Old 09-10-2001, 04:12 PM
DanL

Mark is not on the water. You'll pay his haulage to and from a marina and then a marina travelift round trip. Then, your dockage. Everglades is barely alive. The place looks like a ghost town. American Offshore Marina is on the water but it's a 25 minute chug out of the canal. what's the name of the place next to Shooters?

Old 09-10-2001, 04:33 PM
fermin

Cig42, Your numbers as promised.

Marina One - 954.421.2500 marinaone.com
609 Federal Highway, Deerfield Beach, FL

Crystal Lake Boat & RV Storage - 954.973.4331
1951 N.W. 44th St. Pompano Beach, FL

joey O

Old 09-10-2001, 04:58 PM
Registered

Thanks Joey, I will call them an go check them out next week.
Gary

Quick Reply: Looking for a good place to keep my boat in Florida

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.