Notices

Thanks From Savannah

Old 07-09-2002, 02:53 PM
boater31

Default Thanks From Savannah

I just wanted to say thanks to all who showed up in savannah for the races and poker run!! i met some new friends and got to put some faces to some names i hope everybody enjoyed the poker run and accommodations here. from talking to Bill Helfrich who shot the video for us, it is going to be an awesome video w/ coverage from the hotel, riverstreet and the races as well as the poker run! i would also like to thank Chris Reindll for his contribution to the poker run as well as the help i got from Kevin Peterson w/ Total Sports Worldwide and Steve(Boardgod#2) you guys are great!! it looks to me as next year is going to be huge here and i look forward to seeing everybody again!!! thanks...Russ Floyd Low Country Powerboat Club

Old 07-09-2002, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russ
NO, thank you for a wonderful weekend . You did GREAT keeping everyone in the fun zone. Sorry you missed the races on Sun. 'cause they were good. Looking forward to viewing the video, did Bill give you a time frame? Tell Bubba and the boys at Hogan's Marina a big "thank you" from me as they were more than helpful. Especially in my hour of need, ain't no fun being up the wrong creek without a paddle and running out of fuel. It was GREAT to meet everyone from the BOARD and I had an absolute blast. Watch out all you kids from South Carolina, you never know when the TONTO might show up.

To all who did not make the trip, you need to be there next year

Robert
Old 07-09-2002, 06:17 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tonto,
You didn't run out of gas did you?

I know someone elese who's Apache ran out of gas last weekend too.

Mark
Old 07-09-2002, 06:36 PM
Registered

No. But I was sweating bullets thinking I was gonna. I still had plenty on the port side of the boat, so I WASN'T getting towed in. I bet ya'll are busting his chops about that. Can afford the boat, not the fuel huh.
Robert
Old 07-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Curt

Hey Russ, it was great to meet you. We didn't run the poker run due to the kilo runs beimng held at the same time but we enjoyed hanging out with everyone that did.

Tonto I know exactly how you felt. I was about a half hour ahead of you going to Hogans Monday. I was in an ungodly rain storm, missed a turn and wound up back in the river, found my way back just in time for the rain to stop. Had to idle the last two miles because I couldn't see a damn thing. Ran into Russ at the marina and he said you were in the same boat I was in. Glad you made it out OK. Seeya next go round.

Old 07-09-2002, 11:52 PM
Charter Member #1528

Hello all!
Glad to see everyone made it back in one piece.

It's always a pleasure for me to meet new people, to see the one's I knew, and of course to meet the lurkers.
Russ - you put on a great event! Sorry I didn't make it out the day of the run. Next time!!!
Attached Thumbnails Thanks From Savannah-russ01.jpg  
Old 07-10-2002, 12:37 AM
boater31

river girl: thanks for the pic!!i felt like you did that day glad you made it back ok and i enjoyed meeting you. hope you are doing well.

curt: glad to have you in town, hope to see you next year and we will have to work something out so we can watch the kilos and do the run too. it should add to the excitement. are you coming to beaufort w/ marshall in a cpl of weks for the water festival? if so, see you there!!

Robert: sorry i missed ya today and i hope things are well at the clinic leave the nurses alone!!!!! i have some news about the vid so i will try to catch ya tomorrow!!

thanks again everybody. the town is still talking all about us !!

there was some additional footage in the news from richardson creek but thats another story

Old 07-10-2002, 07:07 AM
Curt

I haven't heard about the water festival. I'll check with him and see what can be worked out. The last thing he asked me about was the Lanier poker run.

Old 07-10-2002, 11:25 PM
Banned

Thanks Russ for everthing. That was a great event. Next year will prove it to be even better. What a great town and waterways. I'll be there for sure. My boat is at Lake X with the Merc Racing guys all over it. The were given permission by my dealer as well as a credit card to go through everything. Fountain would not get envolved. Hope to see you in a couple weeks in Sav with my boat. Thanks again, it was great.
Old 07-11-2002, 10:24 AM
Registered

Default Was just at lake x

Full throttle, I was just at the lake, we were loading your boat with coolers to go babe searching...... I saw you talking with Don Long. Sounds like you have some issues with your Fountain. Good looking boat though. I know the guys at the lake will get them straightend out for you. Anyone going to Deerfield?
See you there. Kirk out!