Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   shootout broadcast (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/283465-shootout-broadcast.html)

Von Bongo 08-25-2012 07:56 AM

shootout broadcast

Charter channel 20 at the lake was 9 in years past.

Krmsradio.com website for tv stream

also Stickam app on Iphone

Gordo 08-27-2012 11:00 AM

We listened to the Shootout via online streaming. Thanks guys!

sommerfliesby 08-27-2012 11:49 AM

Great job to the broadcast team!

Mike Alford RULES!

Lol.

Smitty 08-27-2012 01:39 PM

The Stickam thing was great !! I annoyed my wife as I was able to watch and hear the races, even as she was driving !!! :)

36Tango 08-27-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo (Post 3761798)
Charter channel 20 at the lake was 9 in years past.

Krmsradio.com website for tv stream

also Stickam app on Iphone

Thanks for all of the kind words during our pass. We were slow enough there was alot of time to fill, but Bob Teague was up to the challenge!

Once again, great job on the broadcast!

BDiggity 08-27-2012 03:18 PM

listened on the way home sun afternoon. hotty cam sux over am. :D

Von Bongo 08-27-2012 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by BDiggity (Post 3763262)
listened on the way home sun afternoon. hotty cam sux over am. :D

Hotty Cam isn't much better in the studio in front of the camera, however behind the boards there seems to be a lot that doesn't make it on air!

We keep telling them it's cable, we are good to go but alas, it falls on deaf ears!

Guys it is a lot of fun to do, it gets better every year, yea we miss a few things but the information we got from registration, bios, being able to finally see the boats (especially sundays camera position) at the start and personal knowledge of the people made for what I think was the smoothest broadcast ever.

The only down sides was the weather and the fact that there were a few less racers however the number of overall runs was up by like 35 and we lost an hour on Saturday quitting at 4 and sunday we had at least an hour or more combined that people could have run and didn't.

Starting the boats an hour and a half earlier on Saturday helped. We had the largest and most competive PWC fleet ever and they were zinging them throught the course saturday to start the event.

The racers and their boats are the show so I just try to communicate all I can about them. Bob adds a ton of knowledged and we thought it would be nice to have him do the awards this year and he did a great job, brought a lot of color to the awards ceremony.

Can't wait to see what year 25 brings.

Griff 08-28-2012 12:50 AM

VB, Great job on the broadcast!!!!

Outlawcowgirl 08-28-2012 01:16 PM

You all ROCK! So glad to see you all again and I do love kicking Bob out of his seat for some TV time. Thanks for having me up there again this year. Bob did a great job at the awards too. Only thing that sucked was my run was not shown and my family and friends that were watching online were sad about that but I understand not all runs will be replayed after a commercial break. Things moved along faster than they ever have and that was awesome! Thanks again Mike and I will see you next year!!!!! :Score-101010:

Downtown42 09-01-2012 12:30 AM

good work VonBongo thanks for the show