Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid! >

Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid!

Notices

Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid!

Old 09-18-2012, 02:17 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought this thing had a new merc 565????
Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the other open 29 has a 565. I think this one is just a 25. Matter a fact I'm almost 99% sure it has a 525...

Who knows..either or, it runs great!

Next it's going to be Fountain invented the stepped bottom...last I checked wasn't the first stepped bottom created in 1909-1910...this is just evolution of the technology...as the same with the pad...

Last edited by WildThing47; 09-18-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:51 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WildThing47
I think the other open 29 has a 565. I think this one is just a 25. Matter a fact I'm almost 99% sure it has a 525...

Who knows..either or, it runs great!

Next it's going to be Fountain invented the stepped bottom...last I checked wasn't the first stepped bottom created in 1909-1910...this is just evolution of the technology...as the same with the pad...
Makes sense. I never got to see under the hatch of the race boat at LOTO.

I did see it bust the foutains azz on the course though...haha
Old 09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WildThing47
I guess it must have one of those special "FOUNTAIN" 525s in it...that would explain the 700hp...

It doesn't have nitrous, that's a fresh 525....I saw the boat from when it was ready for paint to full rigging...it's a great running boat. As far as the pad, give it a rest. A padded bottom is a padded bottom, this is Outerlimits' design of the particular bottom. Does it say Fountain on the bottom? No.....get a look at something other than the transom as was shown during the shoot out this year...maybe that might shed some light on it...

Give credit where credit is due...or build a boat to compete with it....it's a great running boat...let's see how it runs as it starts to run races...

Good luck OL!

I think Fountain needs to run a boat inside the no wake bouys on a LAKE and see how they do. LOL Isn't this OFFSHORE only?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ha, that is beside the point. I'm talking about the boat not, how the owner runs it...

With that statement, doesn't that take away every lake boater we have on here....
Old 05-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Matt, how come you never wrote anything about this incident?
Old 05-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522884[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by FlyenBrian
I'm a: LOTO home owner. LOTO boater since 1976. Guy who loves crazy fast dangerous stuff. Business owner. Guy who has heard "Docs" name for year's but does not know him.

If I was a Doc: I would get back on here and publicly apologize. Fire the dickhead who embarrassed me in front of a group knowledgeable boaters. Bow gracefully to the gods of litigation that I didn't lose everything I had worked for my whole life because some 10 year old was floating by her dock when Brian was demonstrating the amazing abilities of the OL.

But that's just me.

If I was somebody who thought there was anything cool about that run and defended it, I would just be embarrassed.
Attached Thumbnails Run to First Stop at LOTO in Outerlimits SVL 29 Vid!-download.jpg