Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits SV52 Top V Bottom at LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/283600-outerlimits-sv52-top-v-bottom-loto.html)

skater40 08-27-2012 08:09 PM

The hand held camara moving back and forth ,gave a sensation that makes it look rougher than it really was.The slapping sound of the boat hiitting the rollers definatly tells you that it was fairly rough but nothing that boat wouldnt soak up.
The rollers hitting the side and rolling back out is the reason why Mike is working the wheel.Good job.

BobbyB 08-27-2012 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fenderjack (Post 3763470)
Yah I guess your rite, never been in anything ruff. LOTO is as ruff as it gets huh, esp in that area of it? Not like I have been in the ocean or boat on the Chesapeake or anything thing like that.. :daz:

I would like to see the vids of the go-pro's for sure, maybe make things less abundant then they look in the hand held vid.. Like I said not bashing a 50ft v that can produce such a great speed, just saying it looks like it took a beating, looked like there was alot of driving going on.

John jr

I have boated on the same water as you for years and havent seen anything like the rough here.

Saratoga Stamped 08-27-2012 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Fenderjack (Post 3763339)
Oh most def impressed with the speeds of the boat, esp for the power, but they were getting tossed around pretty good. I would figure it would have been a smoother ride in a 52 footer is all.

John jr

John;
I have been boating at LOTO for >20 years and the water can be very big, unpredictable and challenge the best of boat captains. I was personally in this boat on this particular tour.

I have a 47 fountain (with a pair of 1200 Merc's in it) just to run around LOTO,,, and there was NO comparison,,, this SV52 was simply amazing, in the toughest condition.

Congrats to the team, for bringing this wonderful boat from Canada to LOTO, and securing the TOP Gun V bottom during the 2012 shootout. They deserve it, hope to see them in K West Poker run later this year !

Doc J
Denver

Bullhead 08-27-2012 08:44 PM

Joel's 52 is a work of art....We were.riding beside him at 115 friday evening engaging a lot of big boat wake and they looked rock solid.....Joel and his wife and crew are all super nice people as well

SLOWRIDE-388 08-27-2012 09:09 PM

Talked to them at the condo, and gave the SV52 a good look. That beast is very impressive for sure. Good meeting you guys. Hope to see you at the lake again.

Shallow Minded 08-27-2012 09:13 PM

Stunning boat! Thanks to the crew and Mike for taking time to stop by the birthday party at that hole-in-the wall bar on Friday with all the usual suspects of LOTO. Hope you enjoyed our playground!