Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody familiar with a red helicopter over Lake St. Clair last weekend? >

Anybody familiar with a red helicopter over Lake St. Clair last weekend?

Notices

Anybody familiar with a red helicopter over Lake St. Clair last weekend?

Old 07-09-2002, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anybody familiar with a red helicopter over Lake St. Clair last weekend?

I managed to pull my boat the 1,000+ mile(each way) journey to Lake Erie & Lake St. Clair this past weekend. We burned up over 350 gallons of gas boating to Toledo, Cincinatti, Put-in-Bay, Sandusky, and Detroit/Lake St. Clair. It was a lot of fun.

On Saturday, we were followed for a bit by a red helicopter over Lake St. Clair, on the way back from Metro Beach. It looked as though they were taking pictures. Is anybody familiar with this chopper? If they got some aerials of the boat, I’d love to get copies of them.

Buzzin-Bye:
Sorry that I didn’t get a chance to hook up with you guys. We managed to swing by Toledo the afternoon of the 4th, but had to get back to Sandusky before the sun went down.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Registered

Try sending an email to [email protected] They have a chopper here in detriot, and he e-mailed me this spring letting me know about it, and when Ie-mailed him he called back really quick and was really helpful. It may have been one of his guys. There is also alot of patorls by the coast guard in a red chopper, but it's one of those high dollar choppers with the white stripe so if it was a regular chopper there's a good chance it was boatpix. That's my best guess on what to try.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Registered

Thanks, I’ll give him a shout.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:50 AM
Registered

very weird. i had the same thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago. i was leaving cleveland and heading towards rocky river when this red chopper zoomed over us really low and they were filming. i would love to get a hold of this footage too.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If it's boatpix, they usually try to contact you by looking up your reg. numbers or documentation numbers displayed on the boat.

You may hear from them in the near future!
Old 07-10-2002, 11:20 AM
Registered

Smile your on BIG Brother camera

Mattyboy
hope no one is watching
Old 07-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Talking If it was a black helicoptor warn Supercrash!!

Old 07-10-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Hey Got the Fever:

Is this the Helicopter? I believe it is the one used to film www.Jobbienooner.com

Here is the link:
http://www.metrodetroitbars.com/Jobb...ages/ek_25.jpg

Try e-mailing these guys. Let me know if you get a hold of him because he took some pics of us as well the same day. I'd love to see the pics if they were good.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody familiar with a red helicopter over Lake St. Clair last weekend?-helicopter2.jpg  
Old 07-10-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It was probably just the "Tree huggers " Taping you pumping all that gas out into the lake so they can send you a nice big fine !!

Yeah , I think I herd a rumor , NO more boating on the great lakes !

Just kidding
Old 07-10-2002, 12:35 PM
Registered

No, that's not the helicopter. The one that took pictures of us was solid red and had no other markings. Hopefully it was the BoatPix 'copter. Would love to have an aerial shot of the boat.

Quick Reply: Anybody familiar with a red helicopter over Lake St. Clair last weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.