Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Problem child has recovered (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28367-problem-child-has-recovered.html)

traviss 07-09-2002 08:28 PM

Problem child has recovered

Sup all .. I am up north right now on vacation.. problem child had her first heart attack a few weeks ago.. Found a smashed spark plug .. and after chatting with foul and my dad we thought it digested a baseplate screw.. well last tuesday I came up north and tore her apart... all the screws were in the baseplate for the carb and all my parts are accounted for.. pulled the head and #1 piston was broke on one side... we don't know what caused it, my 2 stroke buddie says pre ignition but we don't really know... a chunk of the piston was gone and 2/3 of the top rings was gone.. We pulled the motor then (cause I wanted to be up and running for the 4th) Ordered a piston from JE next day air.. ok.. have piston wendesday morning, sister is bringing up my extra rings... well my extra rings were the wrong size, so ordered some rings from napa on the 4th.. they said sat. morning.. F&^@&$(&ing idiots now say monday morning.. so i wait wait wait and monday morning comes and my rings are in... I just got her back to gether and running a few hours ago... took her for a ride and then put her back on the hoist... So as of now everything is alot better.. and I have my new 25" prop from Mr. gadgets on it ....(thanks dick)

well gotta run....

later

Travis

NASTY HABIT 07-09-2002 08:33 PM

Glad you got it worked out.... what intake are you running ?

traviss 07-09-2002 08:34 PM

the edelbrock RPM air gap intake..

Audiofn 07-09-2002 09:08 PM

Glad it is all back together. Hope she runs good for you from this point on!!!! :D:D

Jon

NASTY HABIT 07-09-2002 09:35 PM

that's what i was going to use also ..but... with the lowest profile flame arrestor i could find and no carb spacer...was going to use 1 " spacer ... I'm 1-1/8 " too tall.. oops .....the regular performer is 5/8 or 3/4 shorter .. guess that's what i'll be using...any thoughts on my next best choice

Havasu Hangin 07-09-2002 10:21 PM

Hey Travis...

...did you use forged or hyperuetectic? What was your total timing at?

Waterfoul 07-09-2002 10:29 PM

Glad to hear you're back up and running travis. Too bad it cost you time and money.

formula31 07-09-2002 10:43 PM

Ive used the torker 2's on a variety of big blocks, singles and twins with good success. They are lower than stock and will allow you to use spacers and a good flame arrestor. A little light on low end torque so if you pull skiers it might be a bad choice.

traviss 07-10-2002 08:29 PM

She's doing good.. put 3 hrs on her today going round and round the lake LOL!

Havasu hangin......The pistons are SRP forged #138103. dished with a total comp. ratio of 9.8:1.. Total timing was 32 degrees with 10 at idle... My uncle says it looks like piston failure, the part that broke is a very weak spot on the piston, it broke right on the side edge of the dish and took about 1 1/2" out of the top of the piston down to the top ring. Our buddie said if any motor pumps more then 155 PSI it should have the best gas available ( but he is a 2 stroke freak LOL! ).. all mine pumped 165 PSI other then that all is well..

it was another gorgeous day up here at the lake :P :D

You all have a good work week :p

Travis

traviss 07-10-2002 08:53 PM

Well i gotta run for the evening my aunt wants her computer back LOL! dammit..

I am off to get some dairy queen then chase some ladies :D

Travis