Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I heard on another site there was video of this from the outside of the boat. Anyone know or seen this.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tres
When hullside and bottom outside edge become the running surface. They just showed it on CNN at airport, This video is getting more popular then elections.
Thank you for clarifying that. With it running on the false keel what, if any effect did the steps have on the outcome?

Thank you again!

Last edited by TW720HVY; 09-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
It was all over on that last launch - nothing to do but hold on at that point. The boat came back down hard on the starboard side toward the stern. The boat then rocked hard to port. Since the bow was down the stern kept going to the port side and spun the boat around.
yeah, that makes more sense to me as i watch it yet again.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Watching the video of the OL29 running in this event makes this look more like an off-shore race than a fun event. Loto also looks more like a river than a lake. Maybe these poker runs should be held on the ocean and Great Lakes where there is plenty of open water. Folks can still get together in smaller groups for informal "fun runs". This Fountain was probably feeling some pressure to try and keep up and the camera would certainly want to make you look cool. This could have been a multiple fatality. I can't believe life vests were not mandatory and pasengers were allowed to stand without a seat or bolster. I think the rules will be tougher next year but really, is this a proper location for this event? Bring it up here to Lake Huron and there are plenty of small harbors for card stops.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

I just found this clip I saw a couple of years ago with a little searching.
It's another hard landing on the starboard side that turned into a side stuff and capsize. This is our lake only 5 minutes from the house 20 plus years ago.
SE Texas bubba's out having fun in the summer sun, at the 15 second mark of the video they get a rude awakening.
Being a mostly bulkheaded lake we get some major chop washing machine effect on busy weekends too.
Even being locals we never heard of it then, you've really got to love this new information age.[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQs9tloTzTM[/YOUTUBE]

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Mighty Mouse always put safety first and that boat was dialed in. This is my favorite video of it and hell yes I'd have been laughing and whooping like crazy if I'd been on board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKhIXJ0fME
That little bastard sounds incredible! I love how the RPM keeps climbing, and climbing, and climbing
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cdowns
That's just wrong..
She posted about the video and the accident via facebook. What's wrong with that? Glad she will be okay!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered

Watching the video of the OL29 running in this event makes this look more like an off-shore race than a fun event. Loto also looks more like a river than a lake. Maybe these poker runs should be held on the ocean and Great Lakes where there is plenty of open water. Folks can still get together in smaller groups for informal "fun runs". This Fountain was probably feeling some pressure to try and keep up and the camera would certainly want to make you look cool. This could have been a multiple fatality. I can't believe life vests were not mandatory and pasengers were allowed to stand without a seat or bolster. I think the rules will be tougher next year but really, is this a proper location for this event? Bring it up here to Lake Huron and there are plenty of small harbors for card stops.

Theres room on lots of lakes for poker runs. Theres poker runs on lakes alot smaller then LOTO. When the run takes off at 10 Am you dont hardly see another boat. In the afternoon after the first few stops the water gets busier.The shootout is going on its 25th year so rough water is not anything new. Yes it is rough but any body of water will get rough with enough large boats on it.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I just found this clip I saw a couple of years ago with a little searching.
It's another hard landing on the starboard side that turned into a side stuff and capsize. This is our lake only 5 minutes from the house 20 plus years ago.
SE Texas bubba's out having fun in the summer sun, at the 15 second mark of the video they get a rude awakening.
Being a mostly bulkheaded lake we get some major chop washing machine effect on busy weekends too.
Even being locals we never heard of it then, you've really got to love this new information age.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQs9tloTzTM

See ya,
Kelly
Sutphen
Old 09-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Registered

Life vest were mandatory, right off the website: http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.o...rrunterms.html

There is also a 70MPH speed limit on The Lake's Poker Runs as well.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1) All participants agree to follow all rules as outlined by the Missouri State Water Patrol.

2) Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run is not a race. All boats must follow behind the pace boat until released. Passing the pace boat will result in disqualification. The Water Patrol has asked that all boats stay under 60 mph while behind the pace boat.

3) Each driver and all boat passengers must sign a waiver and release stating that he/she is fully aware that there are risks and hazards in the sport of power boating and that loss and personal injury can occur. Each participant states that they will not hold Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run, Lake of the Ozarks Shootout, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, sponsors or directors or any of the owners or management of the participating stops liable should they be harmed during the duration of this event. Each entrant states that they are entering this event on a voluntary basis.

4) Personal flotation devices (PFD's/Life Jackets) are mandatory and are to be worn by all participants during this event while the boat is in operation. If you are not wearing life jackets - there will be no pictures taken of your boat and you will not be shown on the DVD made of the event. All drivers should have kill switch lanyards attached during the poker run.

5) Each driver must sign that they have not been drinking before the start of the run.

6) The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Committee and Board of Directors, along with the Missouri State Water Patrol request that alcohol not be consumed during the poker run by the driver of the boat.

7) Each stop shall be considered a NO WAKE area - please approach each stop at a slow speed during the run.

8) There is a 140 boat maximum number of entries. Please sign up early.

9) If you do not finish and turn your cards in by the specified time, we will assume that you are not going to turn your cards in and are forfeiting your entry. The only exception is in case of a breakdown. In such a case, please call any poker run official (numbers will be provided) to report this problem.

10) You may purchase additional cards (2 per hand) when turning cards in. All additional card purchases will go directly to the Shootout Charities.

11) The top 3 hands will be paid along with the worst hand. The worst hand requires 5 cards. If the top 2 hands tie, they will split the prize money for 1st and 2nd place. If there is a tie for 3rd place or if a tie exists between more than the top 3 places, then a five card re-draw will be delt among the tied hands to determine the winners.

12) All decisions by the judges are final!!!

13) The Shootout Poker Run will go on rain or shine - no refunds will be given.

Last edited by TW720HVY; 09-05-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.