Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 09-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ARB38
They were in the poker run not the fun run. I was by them at
Back Water Jacks where the poker run started.
Didn't read all the post here, but I saw the vid on face book before even got to OSO. All Poker Runs I been in there was a rigid requirement to wear life jackets while on plane, and lanyards. Question and comments I seen on some of the posts, ( and mind you didn't even read all of them) are so F'd up it's not even funny. Potentiall for a major injury, due to stupid operators. I said it before, and I say it again. ANYTHNG HAPPENS to the boat your are at the helm , IT'S OPERATORS FAULT. Waves, other boats, to fast for the area, no experience etc. etc. or whatever. I would strongly indorse having to have a test and a license to operate a power boat. The racing community. OSO and all other boat clubs/companies should start something. It would only help our sport.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by paradox
didn't read all the post here, but i saw the vid on face book before even got to oso. All poker runs i been in there was a rigid requirement to wear life jackets while on plane, and lanyards. Question and comments i seen on some of the posts, ( and mind you didn't even read all of them) are so f'd up it's not even funny. Potentiall for a major injury, due to stupid operators. I said it before, and i say it again. Anythng happens to the boat your are at the helm , it's operators fault. Waves, other boats, to fast for the area, no experience etc. Etc. Or whatever. I would strongly indorse having to have a test and a license to operate a power boat. The racing community. Oso and all other boat clubs/companies should start something. It would only help our sport.
bingo!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know if its been said yet, didnt read much past page 25, we all know what needs to be done for safety. On a lighter note I would like to nominate the girls in the boat for boater girls of the week, they sure earned it.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Registered

just went to that tread, saw it was done. good job.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
You can beat this horse all you want,race boat driver race car driver ect.COMMON SENSE.For the conditions your in.JOHN SR

I Hope they all have a speedy recovery
x2, Drive accordingly I always say, but let's try to make something positive form this, the outcome of this event could have been so much worse and would have cast a much darker shadow on the powerboating community. IMO you can't blame waves or water, it's the surface that we choose to propel ourselves over and it's ever changing and we adapt to it as we see fit based on our experience, I'm pretty sure most of us have exceeded our abilities a time or two, I know I have and I learned a lot from it.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I hate to even do this to you, bro. Can you dig deep and tell some of these guys what it was like to come upon the accident on Smoke? It is still stuck in my head and I will never forget our conversation.

Pat
Pat

I pulled up some old pics of the boat upsidown as we came up on it at our event. I do not have a full membership right now or I would post. It is a sobering photo

Pat they still need teathers and life jackets (did not help at SOTW) but still a good idea and you are correct if we do not act differently in our boats during a poker run this whole thing will be GAME OVER
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Registered

I hope everyone can keep this in the back of their mind every time you go out. This could have been anyone of us. It only takes a second of lost concentration and that guy is you. I find it interesting that the stern camera has not made it's way online yet. I am guessing it was the boat owners and destroyed. It would have been interesting to see if it provide a better picture of the conditions. As for many guys stating he was showing off for the camera, I disagree. Once you own a few Go Pros you don't even know they are there until something happens and you go back and watch it. Cameras are inexpensive and most have them these days. I know many boats including myself that run multiple cameras every poker run. I am just happy everyone will recover.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Keep up already.
LOL I guess I wouldn't make a very good juror.

Michael
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stepped Hulls???

Does the stepped hull have any hand in this??? It looked like there was a dramatic spin out.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Life vest were mandatory, right off the website: http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.o...rrunterms.html

There is also a 70MPH speed limit on The Lake's Poker Runs as well.

[I]TERMS AND CONDITIONS

4) Personal flotation devices (PFD's/Life Jackets) are mandatory and are to be worn by all participants during this event while the boat is in operation. If you are not wearing life jackets - there will be no pictures taken of your boat and you will not be shown on the DVD made of the event. All drivers should have kill switch lanyards attached during the poker run.
Doesn't seem like much of an enforcement measure. How about "No PFDs, No Cards"?

Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.