Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover >

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Notices

Fountain @ LOTO passengers injured in near rollover

Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

man . . . . how would like to be THAT guy. talk about never being able to live it down. I actually feel more bad for the people with him, they had no control of the situation . . . . course it looks like neither did he lol.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-19-2016, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Everybody- if you read post # 98 there WERE serious injuries....

Not surprising given the violence of accident. Like being T boned in a 57 Edsel with no seat belts....
Old 02-19-2016, 03:43 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrReedJ
Hey guys, I was a passenger in this boat during the accident. Yes, there are many cardinal rules broken. The most important one I feel is no life jackets worn. As crazy as it seems, we had jackets for each person but as the poker run began we realized no one else was wearing them..... How foolish we were. I have read so many nasty comments on YouTube and other sites I am in shock. My wife suffered 4 broken ribs, punctured lung and a broken foot. She has not left the house since getting home. She is in severe pain. The driver crushed his eye orbital and broke hus back at T8 ( he is a former F-2 racer with APBA). Another passenger who raced professionally for many years broke his pelvis in several places and is in a wheelchair. One of the other girls crushed her eye orbital also. The guy from lake tv fractured his hip and broke his wrist. My injuries were minor compared, busted my head open and damaged a rib or two. Everyone is black and blue. This was a very upsetting event for everyone involved. I have been around powerboats for many years and it only takes on unguarded minute to loose a life or permanently hurt people you love. I am very thankful this did not end up worse. I hope everyone learns from this. I know I will boat differently. All of the guys in the boat are members of OSO. I think it is necessary to break down the accident and discuss this, just remember these are real people who like you who love power boating and do it every weekend.
For those that missed this
Old 02-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the guy still owns the boat and drive it every weekend the weather lets him.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

This is the full video and shows everyone pretty well beaten up after the incident. Still fortunate that the boat didn't flip and that no one was ejected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp50CSUKBbc
Old 02-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was just on national TV with the whole video from the Lake TV guy. He also gave an interview on his injuries and his thoughts.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:50 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by joketchum
yes the guy still owns the boat and drive it every weekend the weather lets him.
Any people in the vid still boat with him?
Old 02-20-2016, 07:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

He's probably better known than Reggie!
Old 02-20-2016, 08:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

The woman in the green is one tough chick. She handled the situation extremely well.

Things can change very quickly. Obviously the captain wasn't intending for that to happen. Just a bad series of events. I don't think anyone should question his abilities. I know personally running at 100mph In a v bottom is a risk. Fast speeds and an unpredictable lake is a risk. He unfortunately ended up with an accident. On another note I can never see my 46 cigarette that I used to own ever getting that far out of control.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
On another note I can never see my 46 cigarette that I used to own ever getting that far out of control.
Watching behind the boat it sure got out of shape in a hurry! The turn went from gradual to sideways in a split second. Literally sideways, maybe that was how the term was invented.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.