Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Baron / Power Play XLT 185 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/283969-baron-power-play-xlt-185-a.html)

sailinstud420 09-01-2012 11:24 PM

Baron / Power Play XLT 185

Looking for one of these for sale. My dad is the one who started the Barons. Help me find one. Would take a Baron in any condition, don't want a project power play however.

Who on here has a Baron still kicking around ? We should start a registry... Post 'em up.

tommymonza 09-01-2012 11:28 PM

No sailing ***s allowed on this site . Sorry Charlie

sailinstud420 09-01-2012 11:31 PM

easy there Uncle Tom. Help or get out!!! Not a pothead for the record, it was a corny screen name I chose when I was about 12 years old... 420 was the boat I used to sail.

tommymonza 09-01-2012 11:35 PM

Not bustin on the Weed there Weedie. You could use Meth and be a Catholic priest boy Raper and still have a better standing on this site than coming on here as a Snailboter,

RWP58 05-21-2014 06:48 PM

Still searching?

Hello, my name is Ralf, and I live in Toronto Canada. I was wondering if you were still looking for that boat.
I have one. It is unmodified original, with matching trailer. No through hull exhaust never damaged around 400 hundred hours since built.
Has stainless prop(Mirage) Yellow with yellow and white accents interior. It is an 1988 that shows beautiful. No cracks no repairs. always been in fresh water.Alpha one 350 270 hp.
If you are serious and want to respond to this let me know. My email is [email protected] or you could phone me at 647 800 2001.

Powerquest230 05-21-2014 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by sailinstud420 (Post 3767396)
easy there Uncle Tom. Help or get out!!! Not a pothead for the record, it was a corny screen name I chose when I was about 12 years old... 420 was the boat I used to sail.

Bringing back memories- as a kid spent time racing olympic class boats- mobjacks, lightnings, and 420's. All fun boats until I graduated to powerboats.

Thought someone had a 185 for sale in the PP section.

sailinstud420 05-22-2014 09:13 AM

Sent you an email.

Still looking, but would more like to find an orginal Baron that someone wants to part with (in any condition). I want one of my Dad's original boats.

Sydwayz 05-22-2014 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by sailinstud420 (Post 4126285)
Sent you an email.

Still looking, but would more like to find an orginal Baron that someone wants to part with (in any condition). I want one of my Dad's original boats.

Use: http://www.searchtempest.com/ to search around the country.

Slippery 05-22-2014 11:49 AM

Back in the early 80's, may have been really late 70's there was a Baron on our lake. Cool boat. If I remember correctly laid up a bit lighter than the later Power Play/Quest boats ? Seems like it ran in the low 60's which back then was impressive. I've never seen another one though.

I don't have much love for the snailboat set either. The wife and I made the mistake of spending a few days on Mackinac Island the same time as those arrogant pricks were hitting that leg of their race. I'd describe them as bikers with money, but that would be an insult to bikers…I know "real" bikers…the guys who pushed their early HD's nearly as much as they rode them and those guys have better manners then the "racers" we had to put up with overnite on the island…

However…the cat guys are the hot rodders of that world…there are cats way, way more impressive than the original Hobies…a ride on one of them will give you a different perspective of sailors…the big monohull snailors don't like the cat guys either which is a good enough reason for me to like them.

cheers

Wobble 05-23-2014 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by sailinstud420 (Post 4126285)
Sent you an email.

Good luck with your search. Sorry for the unfriendly replies, a lot of us have sailing experience. I for one, believe it makes you a more complete boater.