Notices

Buy a boat from China?

Old 09-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
They can build anything you want in Asia and can build it just as well as anyone else. From my experience in Thailand, they lack the imagination for innovation and styling but if they have something to copy, they can do it perfectly.

Some of those big boat manufacturers mentioned previously have built beautiful boats but they probably weren't designed locally and all the styling comes direct from overseas. There's a few splashes of top brand boats here in Thailand and they're well made. If someone were to take on a build project here and had the time to watch every step of the way, you could have a boat that would stand up against the world's best. No issues with quality, you just have to watch and make sure it is all done the way you want.

RR

P.S. Not trying to steal your jobs, make America great again!
A friend of my dads is a consultant with the Seattle Art Museum and their South East Asian art collection. His house is filled with Burmese crafted teak furniture. Thailand as neighbors and Burma not being a great place to live. A lot of the Burmese craftsmen work in Thailand now. So yep for wood work, interiors. You could either build a top notch Yacht there. Or restore the interior of a classic yacht there and it will be better then new. Mainland China lacks the craftsmen skill too pull it off interior woodwork wise................
Old 09-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by max930
A friend of my dads is a consultant with the Seattle Art Museum and their South East Asian art collection. His house is filled with Burmese crafted teak furniture. Thailand as neighbors and Burma not being a great place to live. A lot of the Burmese craftsmen work in Thailand now. So yep for wood work, interiors. You could either build a top notch Yacht there. Or restore the interior of a classic yacht there and it will be better then new. Mainland China lacks the craftsmen skill too pull it off interior woodwork wise................
Yeah, a lot of Burmese teak is used over here on boats and furniture and it's first class. There are now special arrangements for superyachts in place to allow them to stay for extended periods in Thai waters if they're having refit work done. A good initiative to encourage visitors and promote local craftsmanship.

Still have a lot of issues here at the moment with cheap labor from Burma (Myanmar) and Cambodia, mostly illegal workers because they work for about 8 usd/day whereas Thai labour is nearly 10 usd/day. It's a great place to get work done!

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 09-11-2017 at 11:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:02 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

It's because China doesn't give a f*k about anyone or anything. Simple !
Old 09-12-2017, 07:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Just be aware this thread is 5 years old, and was brought back to the top by a spammer. Much of this is not relevant anymore.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SB
It's because China doesn't give a f*k about anyone or anything. Simple !
I don't care if they begin making top notch stuff. The reality, their eminent domain is move of we kill your entire family. They take over small villages and build factories. You are no longer a farmer. You make iPhones now! Its a brutal country. They banned a religion there. They don't protest at there embassy here in Vancouver anymore. Partly because they'd put spies in the protests. Find out if they had family back in China. Then kill their family back in China.

https://www.straight.com/news/906706...canadian-woman

The Chinese kill them for their organs. Its a sick brutal country, not just because they torture and eat dogs.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Registered

Um... wouldn't trust it. Especially not when lives are at stake.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:14 PM
Registered

I would have no problem buying a boat made in China, they make just about everything else. I would, however, have a big problem with buying that thing. I would give up boating before I was seen in one of those. No offense.