Photo Helicopter over Lake St. Clair Question >

Photo Helicopter over Lake St. Clair Question

Notices

Photo Helicopter over Lake St. Clair Question

Old 09-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts
Default Photo Helicopter over Lake St. Clair Question

As I was heading out onto Lake St. Clair on Labor Day a helicopter came directly over my boat and circled around. At first I thought it was the Coasties checking me out as they have in the past but the copter had large lettering on it and really big sponsons. The lettering said something like "SKYPICS.COM". There is a skypics in Chicago but now I'm not sure what the name was. Does anyone know? It looked like they took pics of my boat and I'd like to get copies.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Probably Boatpix, don't worry if they have pics they will run your MC's and send you a small set of proof pics via US mail asking you to buy the large pics for $$$,$$
Old 09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lee
Probably Boatpix, don't worry if they have pics they will run your MC's and send you a small set of proof pics via US mail asking you to buy the large pics for $$$,$$
That's it! Thanks man. My numbers are hard to read so I might contact them. I'd like to have the pics.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Registered

This is screwed up. I go to boatpix.com and fill out a form to receive my pics for my approval but on the next page they want credit card info and will charge me $25 if I return the photos but nowhere do they say what the pics will cost me if I keep them. Does anyone know what they will cost? Why can't they just show me low resolution thumbnails on their site? Here are the screen shots:

Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
That's it! Thanks man. My numbers are hard to read so I might contact them. I'd like to have the pics.
That chopper was out over the bay by Selfridge ANG Base on Sunday morning. He was shooting a friend of mine in a cat, my friend looped around to buzz us. He went by us at 115 nice and close, I hope the guy got a shot of that when he was along side. He would have to have been quick on the trigger, because we were not next to each other very long.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Several years ago you used to be able to search their website by entering your MC numbers and view the pictures, give them a couple of days to get them on there, that is if they still do it that way.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

They were in Traverse City for a couple days this past weekend also. Would be nice to purchase some pics but not the way they have it set up!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

I'm going to try to contact them by phone or e-mail. I'm not giving them carte blanche with me credit card. It's odd that they won't take AMEX which is the easiest to contest. I've done some research and some say that the pics will be $300 each. I have no idea how many pics they took or will send or if the $25 return fee is for each print or the complete package. The numbers on my boat are very hard to read because they fade to the color of the boat . The Coast Guard has always passed them though. I'd rather just have the digital file and I could get any size print I want at Costco. Has anyone here bought pictures from Boatpix? There is a private chopper on my local lake and I bet he'd shoot away with my camera if I gave him a couple hundred bucks.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

OK, I called and talked to Jane who was very nice and helpful. The prints cost $250 each and they are willing to let me view the pics on-line first and purchase just digital files. She told me to submit the photo request form without CC info and call her back tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought from them ....filled out the cc info they sent me 3 pictures in the mail. I kept the one I wanted and mailed them a check back with the photos I did not want. Worked great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.