Life Jackets - Do People Wear Them? >

Life Jackets - Do People Wear Them?

Notices

Life Jackets - Do People Wear Them?

Old 09-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
Won't lie we don't except for certain circumstances, the bar for "certain" circumstances has changed for the better thanks to the Fountain video
I just posted a half hour ago on that thread that I really do believe a lot of good will come from the national exposure of the video. Yours is one example, mine was the fact that I have a rather long leash, which will be shortened next trip out, so I can stretch across the cockpit to reach the other side without pulling out and killing the motors. After watching that driver hit the deck so fast and hard while watching over and over I realized if I hit the deck like that my motors and drives would most likely still be running and engaged.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 09-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Short of spending $300 each on Lifelines, what do you guys wear for jackets in your 50-80 mph boats?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My kids have always wore them. My son is now 10 and we do not leave the dock with out it. I always wear the lanyard at all speeds and put the lifeline on if we plan to run hard. I too have been very lucky over the years with no serious mishaps. This video has opened my eyes that even speeds over 40mph should deem wearing a jacket. We all should do more to wear them. The local marine patrol down here has given us the thumbs up when heading out wearing our lifelines. I see many pics on here from events with people wearing no jackets. I am not comfortable with the cheap inflatable jackets for hp boats. I think they require lifelines. Be safe!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

Everyone that ever rides on the boat puts a jacket on before we get on plane. Mustang MV5600 100mph jackets. http://www.machovec.com/catalog/mv5600.htm

http:// 1456993-T600450 by JordanPoppa, on Flickr

Most people can swim when they're conscious, have you ever met one who can swim while unconscious?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Short of spending $300 each on Lifelines, what do you guys wear for jackets in your 50-80 mph boats?
Think what your life is worth. The lifelines have more protection for injuries also. Get it!
Old 09-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting the dog to put hers on always leads to a confrontation :-)

Maybe if I threw her overboard she would reconsider :-)
Old 09-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wasted Income

The jet-ski style ones are better than what most wear, which is nothing. I have hit the water at 60 off a ski with one one and was fine. Over 80 would probably recommend the lifeline.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M
Everyone that ever rides on the boat puts a jacket on before we get on plane. Mustang MV5600 100mph jackets. http://www.machovec.com/catalog/mv5600.htm

http:// 1456993-T600450 by JordanPoppa, on Flickr

Most people can swim when they're conscious, have you ever met one who can swim while unconscious?

Those are nice, thanks for posting.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
Getting the dog to put hers on always leads to a confrontation :-)

Maybe if I threw her overboard she would reconsider :-)

That brings up a good point, everyone has them on the boat but not on. Jump in the water and try to put on a life vest. Like I stated on the other thread its not just about flotation its the inch of foam that protects you body if you get banged around.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not used to wear one. But after all i have seen and been through, you bet your butt i wear a life jacket if running open water on plane at speed. No need to not werar it while blasting around. take it off when you idle you can look cool then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.