Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: I got a dog this morning. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28420-ot-i-got-dog-morning.html)

Miller 07-10-2002 02:53 PM

OT: I got a dog this morning.

I am raising a puppy for the Guide Dog Foundation. Her name is Lucky and she is a 12 week-old black Labrador Retriever. I will keep her until she is somewhere between 12 and 16 months at which point she'll return to the Guide Dog Foundation for 6 months of formal training followed by 25 days of training with a blind person. She's a bit precocious, but I'm having fun with her. If I ever figure out how to post photos, I'll put some online.

Dave1972 07-10-2002 03:09 PM

Miller,
That is awesome! Sounds like it would be very rewarding. Although it will be a very tough time when it comes time to say goodbye! Enjoy the experience and please post pics for the rest of us dog-lovers out here to see the new baby!!!!

Dave

Consintracy 07-10-2002 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Miller~ That's soooo cool!! Dog's Rock!!! I'm not good at describing how to post pic's I don't think...But, I'll try!!! I'll PM you with the details of how I do it.

Dave~ You & I have already discussed about you & Jen needing to get a digital camera!!!

Consintracy 07-10-2002 03:29 PM

Miller~ Your mailbox is full.

Anybody~ Is this right???
Ok here it goes...go to the start menu and click on programs
and then choose accesories
then choose paint
Click on the upper left-File
then open file
(choose which file you want)
and bring up a pic.
Let me know if your with me so far.

jb 07-10-2002 04:15 PM

Miller...your such a nice guy. We are rescuing some Greyhounds next spring!
Good luck with the Puppy. If all goes well maybe you can get anopther when the current one leaves

To post a pic... at the bottom of the post page, click browse after the "attach file" icon on the left. Cilck your pic and it will upload in your post.
It should be 640x480 or smaller I believe

WesSmith 07-10-2002 08:06 PM

Jb,

We now are the proud owners of two rescued Greyhounds and they are the best dogs you could ever imagine.

One's from Florida and the other from Connecticut.

If you ever need any info concerning them or the adoption process please let me know !

Good Luck.......

Shane 07-10-2002 08:27 PM

Miller,

That's AWESOME! Labs RULE! Are you going Saturday to the Shootout? I am going with Charlie Tesauro and running his 28 Skater. Wanna ride down with us?

Consintracy 07-10-2002 10:13 PM

OMG...That's hillarious!!!!!!:D Awesome pic!!!!!

jb 07-10-2002 10:14 PM

wes..
I will. Thanks for offering !

Miller 07-10-2002 10:48 PM

Shane, call me tomorrow about this weekend. I'm not sure what we're planning for this weekend.

Lucky and I are having a blast today! She's adjusting well to the city and is very friendly with cute girls, which is nice. :D