Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT - Who here smokes cigarettes? >

OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Notices

OT - Who here smokes cigarettes?

Old 07-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I quit and i have so much mroe cash now, thank god.......
Old 07-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheep Smokes

We get them cheep at the reservation (Seneca). I by Piramids for $14.50. They have their own brand for $8.50. Top name brands are $22.50. Nice to have a res. near by, if you smoke!
Too bad aabout the idiots in NYC that think they will raise more money by raising the tax. The black market will get all the money!
Old 07-11-2002, 03:12 PM
SunseekerNY

I need Zyban (tell your doctor your depressed and ask for an Rx for Wellbutrin, and the insurance company will pay for it -- it is EXACTLY the same medication from the same manufacturer. They gave it two names, because - DUH - it's not covered if you want to take it to quit?)

I need the patch.

I need a rubber band.

And, I need a good kick in the ass too!

All of the above, and I was also serious when I asked if anyone had a room they could lock me into for a month......

I appreciate all the advice, and IntooDeep (Isn't that a song by Genesis?) I'm really sorry to hear about your wife - at 39?

Jennifer

Old 07-11-2002, 04:26 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

if i coudl get them cheap i would start smoking again.

Wanna hear soemthign really sad??? I quite cus i got tired of paying $5 a pack I figured I coudl fill up mybaot each week withet h$$$ smoking cost me. It had absolutley nothing to due with the health risks.....
Old 07-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Registered

Jennifer,
I've got an extra room with a lock. Several of my smoking friends are considering quitting after seeing my success at it. You are right about the Wellbutrin. They originally made Wellbutrin as a anti-depressant but it had a higher rate of seizures than the competitors so the doctor's wouldn't prescribe it. They now have the chance of seizure down to less than some of the competitors, but the stigma was still around. Then they found the added benefit of helping people quit smoking and changed the name to Zyban. I am currently taking Wellbutrin. After doing some research, I found that the Wellbutrin had less side effects than any of the other anit-depressants. They also have the added benefits of increasing your sex drive. I really didn't need that.

Jen, It's not easy, but you can do it. It's not just the Zyban, but you have to take the whole program seriously. I still have the little card on my refer showing July 4, 1998 as the date I am going to quit. I did, and stuck to it.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:35 PM
Registered

Jennifer,
I've got an extra room with a lock. Several of my smoking friends are considering quitting after seeing my success at it. You are right about the Wellbutrin. They originally made Wellbutrin as a anti-depressant but it had a higher rate of seizures than the competitors so the doctor's wouldn't prescribe it. They now have the chance of seizure down to less than some of the competitors, but the stigma was still around. Then they found the added benefit of helping people quit smoking and changed the name to Zyban. I am currently taking Wellbutrin. After doing some research, I found that the Wellbutrin had less side effects than any of the other anit-depressants. They also have the added benefits of increasing your sex drive. I really didn't need that.

Jen, It's not easy, but you can do it. It's not just the Zyban, but you have to take the whole program seriously. I still have the little card on my refer showing July 4, 1998 as the date I am going to quit. I did, and stuck to it.

Good luck.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
........You will find that much of the effort to raise taxes on cigarettes is due to the added health care expenses caused by smoking........

Funny how that extra tax money, earmarked for added healthcare costs, never seems to find its way to that fund.....
Old 07-11-2002, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Risk Taker

Funny how that extra tax money, earmarked for added healthcare costs, never seems to find its way to that fund.....
do we have to get into this?I think everyone on this board knows that the government totaly steals from us--the citizens.

I'm starting to even take into account that police are there just so they can operate their "townships".

I hate the fact that when revenue is low, they call for more cops to go out on patrol to "fine" wrong doers"

one hypocritical event I remeber is this.....

the local jetski rental place (across from dutchmans in L.B.I. N.J.)
was testing out a ski in a no wake zone(I use to work at the rental place)-the skis had to be "cleaned out" so we would take short burst under a bridge to clean them out and then bring them back, MIND YOU barely making ripples in the water.

well, Here I am across from the jetski place with my friend(we brought my boat to dutchmans) and we are drinking beers and eating shrimp. a state police boat sees the jet ski rental do there little "clean out" in the no wake zone and decides he needs to throttle up to get to him faster.

MEANWHILE there are about 10 boats parked across the passage way at the dutchmans.

needless to say the stat police bot made about a 4 foot wake and caused all the boats tied up to BASH against the bulkhead.

I wanted to run over to the state cop and yell at the top of my lungs WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!
but, I didnt need him to act like a prick(some arent) and write me a ticket for something...

heh the govt gives funds back to the people

ahahaha
dont get me started.
wait u just did....