ok.. Emtpy or full tank before winter??

Notices

ok.. Emtpy or full tank before winter??

Old 09-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I would never do full usually about 1/4 to a half then treat it
I do the same and never a problem..fill it in the spring with higher octane gas...I use Startron year round
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

in your area may be diff

Ive been draining mine since 1990.Especialy with a blower motor I don't want old Oct to March 93 Oct that has lost how much oct?

On my Hustler I can take the fill hose off and see the bottom of the tank,When I redid the boat 09 I looked and there wasn't any residue or trash etc in the tank, it was dry.

Saying that I haven't run a fuel water separator/filter since2005 But I buy my gas at the same Chevron every time, I'm full even when I leave town. A.D.D.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
loaded question,,,,,ethanol mix,,,,or pure gas?

100% fuel, full,,,,,mix,,,,,empty
Agreed, in the Northeast all we can get is ethanol laced fuel and I've learned my lesson over the last couple of years with the damage this crap fuel can cause while in extended storage. It's amazing how crappy the inside of carbs look after the ethanol sits in there for a while.

Another issue is gas looses its octane as it sits, so those with engines that require the high octane fuel are better off not letting the fuel sit for extended periods anyway.

This year I've drained the tanks and I'm pumping in some av-gas treaded with a little MMO and Seafoam through the fuel system and engines before storing it. No ethanol and there shouldn't be any low octane issues next season either (should I use the boat, haha!) I'm doing the same with all of my summer cars, bike, and power equipment... this fu@king ethanol blended fuel sucks!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Registered

SS930- Is Avgas lead free now? The old Avgas (1980s-1990s) had lots of lead. I know they were working on a lead free blend.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Registered

we just use ours all year long!!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vette131
we just use ours all year long!!

Ouch, that hurts! We had frost here in Michigan the other night...
Old 09-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glenncal1
SS930- Is Avgas lead free now? The old Avgas (1980s-1990s) had lots of lead. I know they were working on a lead free blend.
Still leaded.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Old school trick that still works, especially for the new crap gas- 1 ounce of 2 stroke oil for every 5 gallons of gas. That goes for everthing you own -cars, mowers, boats - I even put it in my diesel jetta since the new fuel sucks. As far as full or empty on the boat , I have 10 gal left in it, load up w/ 2 stroke a little heavy, along with some stabil and run the motors til the mix has run thru them and fog them out, leaving the mix in the system. I pull the remaining fuel out of the tankk and put it in my cars. Been doing this for years with no problems whatsoever. Your electric fuel pumps will also love you for this. The 2 stroke oil can be anything --like the walmart brand for $12 a gallon , as long as it has the additive tcw3 in it . You will notice a difference in the way your vehicles run as well as a small increase in fuel mileage (1-3mpg) with the 1 oz- 5gal ratio after three tank fills. The reason for doing this is the new fuels with ethanol and low sulfer diesel have lost ALOT of the lubricity and this brings it back. It is also ALOT cheaper than all the additives which I no longer use any of. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have always left my gas tank half full with fuel stabilizer and have never had a problem. After reading all the comments on this thread, I'm going to continue doing what I have been.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK.... Is AVGAS Leaded??

I bought some sunco 110 leaded and mixed it with 100 gal of 93,I could tell a diff in how it ran and Idled cleaner and I could smell it alittle,Sweet smellHell I even felt better,lol

Im fixing to tear down and rebuild ,We'll see what the guild and seat look like with a little lead in the motor.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.