Bravo I showers X 2 - 1991 Wellcraft Scarab - 38ft >

Bravo I showers X 2 - 1991 Wellcraft Scarab - 38ft

Notices

Bravo I showers X 2 - 1991 Wellcraft Scarab - 38ft

Old 09-11-2012, 01:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo I showers X 2 - 1991 Wellcraft Scarab - 38ft

Been some time since I have visited here. Everyone has been great with any advice I asked in the past.

I am looking to purchase a set of 2 showers for my 2 Bravo I's - you guys have a suggested best make and model ?

I saw an old post (2007) suggesting Halo (?)

I went to driveshowers.com website and they show 2 diff models of Simrek - Summit & Halo.

I visited the Bravo Shop and they have a 1 line advert with a pic for a Halo.

Are these 2 Halo the same - 20.oo dollars diff in price between Summitt & Halo is not a major deal breaker - why is this ?

My main 2 questions are simple - whats the proven performer and where to buy at the best price.

Thanks to all you avid boaters for any advice.

Regards - Jimi
Old 09-11-2012, 02:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the Hardin Marine one. It has a Chrome plated cast aluminu
Top cap which not only looks cool, it spreads the water evenly across the top cap. It has a nice braided flex hose that runs from the cavitation plate to the cap. Definately one of the best looking ones out there. I have been running this Shower with great success. With my previous cap I still saw plenty of discoloration from heat (turning white) on parts of the upper unit. With the Hardin shower I have not had any heat discoloration.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

<--- Made my own "no drill" drive shower 5' of tubing, tubing bender, a couple straps of stainless steel for the clamps and a 1/8" drill.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drive Showers

I have a brand new, never installed pair of drive showers I would make you a great deal on. I'm just not sure if it would be worth shipping to Thailand. They are from Eddie Marine. Here is the link: http://www.eddiemarine.com/store/car...l&p=12310&c=33I would let them go very cheap. I have two. I would have used them but I switched drives before I had a chance!!

Send me an e-mail: [email protected] if your interested.
John

Last edited by John 38 Scarab; 09-11-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put on the wags engineering top cap/driver shower. I figured you might as well eliminate a weak point in the drive while I was at it. They are definatley a nice piece of work.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do drive showers do? I have a TRS out drive. Just trying to learn a few things
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Who sells those "no drill" showers? The bolt to the trim ram bolts. I have a brand new drive and it kills me to drill into it!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Not sure who sells them, but I also didn't want to drill into my drive. Google no drill drive shower, simerk I see makes one. I'll see if I have a pic of mine I made.

The pics are from mock up. I added another clamp on the top to prevent it from pulling down in to the prop since these photos. Also added a rubber insulator (3/8" fuel line cut down one side) around the tube where it clamps onto the drive.

Cost =$10. It could be bent up in any shape or form one thought would work the best. I also have a video of it in action at about 30 mph. Talk about a power washer for the drive :-)

Last edited by 92nsx; 09-11-2012 at 12:20 PM.