Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I would decorate my living room with this thing it's so beautiful. >

I would decorate my living room with this thing it's so beautiful.

Notices

I would decorate my living room with this thing it's so beautiful.

Old 07-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Gumbydammit
GM performance motors and Harleys at the same time??
<HACK>
<COUGH>

Harley image.....you can have it. American marketing at its very best! Lousy performance, high cost, poor quality and engineering!
Not only that, I want my bike to actually be maintenance free....or at least not fatigue me from riding it for more than 3 hours at a time by making my hands fall asleep.

But, when you talk about history and antiques....... I would not mind having a real original Indian Chief! Manual timing advance and all!

Just my .02
I take it you have never been to BIKE WEEK in Daytona. 502 in a Boss Hog, Sportster motors in RM 400 frames, you name it. You can pickup a nice used Evo now pretty cheap. Friend of mine has a Soft Tail with over 70,000 miles on it, just gas, oil, & tires. How more dependable do you need? It's killing him he got unlimited mileage warrantee as long as he keeps it STOCK! And he is dying to hotrod it up, they really respond well to mods. My kids nanny (husband took it back when he sold his bike) has a 48 Chief (Bonniville model) mag and all. Talk about learning how to ride a motorcycle again! I've riden side shift bikes before but throttling
with your left hand is hard to get use. They are going to Ohio with it next week to some big antique bike show. My friend let me take his Yamaha 1000 (R1? they all look the same to me it's the blue one, for a ride down my street the other day and all I can say is WOW!!! I live on a dead end country road and that thing got up to 133 MPH REAL fast! It goes alot faster but I didn't have any glasses on and things were getting real blurry. The front end got a little shakey around 90 MPH. It was fun but I whould kill myself on that thing. Wish my brakes worked that good on my bike.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:08 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GMH the front tire was prolly in the air.....

I haev an r6 and if i stomp it from stopped and run through first the front usually gets light around 45 then a shift then light again at around 60. I fyouw ant topulla whillie go to first at abotu 10-20 mph (or evena little faster) move to the back about 4 inches in eth seast and roll of the gass she wil come right up. I hear it is even easier on eth R1 thatn my bike.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally posted by puder
GMH the front tire was prolly in the air.....

I fyouw ant topulla whillie go to first at abotu 10-20 mph ...............
What?
Old 07-11-2002, 01:21 PM
Kohldog

I fyouw ant topulla whillie
OMG this is scary, I'm starting to understand Puder code.

As you break it down:

I f/you/w ant /to/pull/a /whillie

Means:

If you want to pull a wheelie!!!!!

Last edited by Kohldog; 07-11-2002 at 01:24 PM.

Old 07-11-2002, 01:35 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's Puder code. It is scary when you undestand it No I was not tring to do a wheellie, I rolled on the throttle in 2nd gear. I had all of 10 seconds of seat time on my first 130MPH run. I thought the front end was coming up to but you know what they say "When in doubt, throttle out". My freind says it happens to him too, says the front end needs a stabilizer on it. All I know it was better than a Disney ride.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:35 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

the mind control is finally taking hold...........

soon my minions, soon.....
Old 07-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

I haven't seen a v-rod in person yet, and in the pic's it hasn't grown on me yet, but the Bourget is the one for me, I instantly knew that was the style I wanted. The thing thet irks me is I cant have one!! They cost way too much for my budget. One of my friends with money to burn mentioned wanting a harley this spring, and was talking about decking it out, and building the motor up, so I told him about bourget's, and how it would be 100x cooler and cheaper than spending 20k harley, then dumping 15k into it, and having a harley with some customization, motor work, and fancy paint. Another friend of mine did this to his fat boy a few years ago and had a talk with him too, and we told him to spend the 35k up front, and have everything you could want custom, plus the big motor, and whatever paint job you wanted, ect... and it would cost less than trying to deck out a fat boy that much. Then I showed him a few pics online... he bought a low blow chopper one week later, (WHAT A DICK) (im just jealous) candy apple red with a 113ci S&S, the only thing I didn't like is that is a chopper...too much rake for me, but man what eye candy it is. I need one bad!!!

The good thing is he has let me ride it every time I've asked so far!!!

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 07-11-2002 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

the mind control is finally taking hold...........

soon my minions, soon.....
Just say the word oh great and powerful leader...
Old 07-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

i agree, there is no way around it, bourgets demand respect. there is nothing like rollin' up with a 220 or 230 rear tire under your ass and a 113cubes to light it up. i always get a kick out explaining to people that the oil reservoir is actually the frame.....cool eh? i don't care who you are, you could be on a bourget sprayed in flat primer and still get more looks than the guy beside you with the chromed out soft tail. i have a T-Shirt that says, "Your ***** wants my Bourget!" pretty much the way it is.....
Attached Thumbnails I would decorate my living room with this thing it's so beautiful.-bourget4.jpg  
Old 07-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

I think Jesse James West Coast Choppers are the shizz ... here's a sweet Monday nighter

http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/ima...l_diablo/e.gif

http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/ima...l_diablo/a.gif

Quick Reply: I would decorate my living room with this thing it's so beautiful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.