Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I would decorate my living room with this thing it's so beautiful. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28465-i-would-decorate-my-living-room-thing-its-so-beautiful.html)

PhantomChaos 07-11-2002 12:29 AM

I would decorate my living room with this thing it's so beautiful.

1 Attachment(s)
When back in SOBE a week or two ago, OSO board God #2 drove up on this bike. I swear to god, this is the most beautiful bike I have ever seen. It truely is a work of art, a gorgeous design......so much so, that if I had the $$,$$$ to spend, I would buy one to just have on display as art in my living room.

The Harley V-Rod..........it rocks.

Audiofn 07-11-2002 12:34 AM

Cool looking bike. However I am more of a fan of Harleys old stuff or the Custom bikes that Perowitz (sp) and some of the others make. But that thing is one space age looking mofo

Jon

Mark in So. MD 07-11-2002 01:28 AM

Nort, i will have to agree with you. I saw one on the show room floor of the Harley dealership in Ocean City MD. Space age Jon, yeah that sounds about right compared to the regular harley. Naturally it was already sold, but it was one beautiful bike. I like the new look, and of course you cant help but keep on loving the traditional harley.

mcollinstn 07-11-2002 01:31 AM

saw one with tank and fenders and such painted a light charcoal and it had polished PM wheels. I liked the changes.

Consintracy 07-11-2002 01:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OMG~~~It's the wallpaper on our pc!!!!!

Consintracy 07-11-2002 01:41 AM

He wasn't really riding w/flip flops was he????

mika 07-11-2002 01:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't find the one I wanted so I built it:)

puder 07-11-2002 03:25 AM

the VRODs are pretty cool. I haev only seen two up close. One at a showroom and one that I TOASTED. It was pretty funny. The guy really though he had a chance. Cool bike but certainly not a speed demon (compared to a crotch rocket, that is).

My only qualm is the price. New harley's are MAD bills. and tehy depreciate worse than just abotu anything. Abuddy of mine bought a factory custom WDGFX2 (i think, i can never remember thier damn number system). It was totally tricked. CHrom everything. Hell it has godl leaf flames and an ostrich leather seat and some custom exhuats. He payed 32k for it drove it for 9 months but 1200 miles on it and just sold it for 20k. Can you say OUCH. And harley financing SUCKS. 12.9% was the best they could do, and aparently he has AAA credit due to his real estate ventures.

But regaurdless. Other than rebiuldign a vintage harley from the 50s. The VROD is the only harley i would ride.

Congrats!!!

puder 07-11-2002 03:30 AM

a ton of OSO members have bikes. I am thinking OSO should organize an OSO event at bike week next year.

:D

Gumbydammit 07-11-2002 05:50 AM

GM performance motors and Harleys at the same time??
<HACK>
<COUGH>

Harley image.....you can have it. American marketing at its very best! Lousy performance, high cost, poor quality and engineering!
Not only that, I want my bike to actually be maintenance free....or at least not fatigue me from riding it for more than 3 hours at a time by making my hands fall asleep.

But, when you talk about history and antiques....... :D I would not mind having a real original Indian Chief! Manual timing advance and all! :)

Just my .02 :eek: :D