Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jason Priestley again.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28470-jason-priestley-again.html)

mcollinstn 07-11-2002 01:50 AM

Jason Priestley again..

Just saw on the news that Jason Priestley is in practice/qualifying for some Indy car race.

He looped it in practice and spun thru the infield. True to form, when interviewed about the incident he explained that "the crew did not have something right in the setup" and that "he was sure they would get it fixed by qualifying time".

Hmmm.

stupid crewmen...

PhantomChaos 07-11-2002 01:50 AM

:D :D :D

puder 07-11-2002 03:27 AM

where was he testing? I might be heading up to watkins glen tommorow night to crew for a Formula Continental team.

Shanghied Again 07-11-2002 06:06 AM

Maybe he should try Drag Racing? There are NO TURNS! :D :D

RiverGirl 07-11-2002 07:18 AM

Originally posted by Shanghied Again
LMAO! Thats a good one SA!

Kentz 07-11-2002 08:28 AM

He now drives in the "new" IRL league. Its kinda like the Busch cars to Winston cup, ya know detuned IRL cars, brand new series. I believe he finished 2nd to AJ Foyt the 4th, 6th:eek:

CRUBOSS 07-11-2002 09:01 AM

I THINK HE SHOULD GO OUT AND PARTY WITH LITTLE AL.

Audiofn 07-11-2002 09:15 AM

Shanghied Again : LMAO!!! :D:D:D

I think the guy is a ass since he never admits to something being wrong. If the car was not set properly he should have taken his laps slower untill he got it straitened out, not push the car to fast!!!! WHAT A ASS!!!!!

Jon

Von Bongo 07-11-2002 10:59 AM

Originally posted by Shanghied Again
Not to stick up for him, but didn't I see a race on Speed on June 29th where an experienced Super cat or super V race team took a right turn a few hundred yards from the actual turn at the start? Lucky the next boat was far enough behind to keep from t-boning them. That to me looked like a rookie mistake but I don't see anyone here mention it?

Iggy 07-11-2002 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found a photo and the stat's on his car.
IRL/Indy Racing Infiniti Pro Series Comparison Guide (PDF)

ENGINE
Manufacturer:
Infiniti

Capacity:
3.5 liters

Configuration:
90-degree V8

Horsepower:
450 at 8,200 RPM

CHASSIS
Manufacturer:
Dallara

Fuel Capacity:
25 gallons minimum

Data Acquisition:
Specification system supplied with chassis to measure steering angle, shock travel, wheel speed, throttle and one spare sensor

Minimum Weight:
1,430 pounds

Wheelbase:
117 inches

Track:
Front: 67 inches

Rear 64 inches

Aerodynamic Specifications:
Stepped plane underbody

TRANSMISSION
Manufacturer:
Ricardo
Configuration:
Six-speed sequential with gears mounted forward of the differential

SAFETY
Cockpit:
19 inches wide with Indy Racing League-approved headrest construction

Collapsible steering column

SWEMS:
Approved SWEMS on wheels and rear-wing assembly

Dallara Automobili
Founded in 1972 by Dr. Gian Paolo Dallara, Dallara Automobili has enjoyed major success as a race car constructor in numerous categories of motorsports, including Formula 3, sports car and Indy Racing. Dallara has also designed, manufactured and collaborated on racing programs for numerous automotive companies.

The organization's state-of-the-art facilities include two wind tunnels, one seven-post dynamic test rig and an ultra-modern machine shop as well as CAD, FEA and CFD design capabilities.

Bridgestone/Firestone
Nashville-based Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire, LLC is a subsidiary of Bridgestone/Firestone Americas Holding, Inc., whose parent company, Bridgestone Corporation, is the world's largest tire and rubber company. BFNT develops, manufactures and markets Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton and associate and private brand tires. The company is focused on wholesale and original equipment markets, supplying passenger, light truck, commercial vehicle, off-road, agriculture and other tires to its customers in North America.

Infiniti
Infiniti, supplier of the IRL Infiniti Indy engine since 1997, is proud to be the sole engine manufacturer of the Indy Racing Infiniti Pro Series. The series will use a 3.5-liter racing version of the engine found in the all-new Infiniti Q45 performance luxury sedan. The Q45 V8 engine produces a class-leading 340 horsepower in production form. Engine builder TWR will adapt the production engine for oval racing use, with the horsepower of the racing version reaching an estimated 450 hp.

Infiniti, the luxury division of Nissan North America, Inc., is supported by a network of approximately 150 retailers throughout North America and offers a range of luxury vehicles including the Infiniti QX4 luxury Sport Utility Vehicle, G20 and G35 sport sedans, I35 luxury sedan, and flagship Q45 luxury performance sedan. For more information on the complete line of Infiniti luxury vehicles and the Total Ownership Experience (TOE) philosophy, visit Infiniti on the Web at www.infiniti.com.

ssherman 07-11-2002 11:51 AM

Iggy whats the cost on one of those bad boys?

Iggy 07-11-2002 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And a pic of him prior to the race....

I can hear it now......"whatta 'ya mean there's no right turns????"

Risk Taker 07-11-2002 12:02 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
.........WHAT A ASS!!!!! .....

Took the words right out of my mouth............

dockrocker 07-11-2002 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Note to Jason: Here's a little something for you. Any time you feel the urge to participate in some sort of motorsports competition, you pull this up and stare at it for as long as it take for that nasty old thought to disappear, ok? Now that's a good boy...

mcollinstn 07-11-2002 03:10 PM

Von Bongo

You missed quite a bunch of posts regarding the Offshore debacle of his rookie SuperCat run..

I am sure it is still here on the board. I'll try to post a link to it later when I have the time. Many knowledgeable racers and onlookers verified that Jason P took an inside line trimmed up and aired out to the first corner and was unable to get the boat to even begin to turn. He smoked right over the top of Lake Cumberland's boat and took them out of the race.

A very very dangerous and unavoidable event.

Afterwards, JP shrugged his shoulders and mumbled something about how these boats run very close together and the water is not always consistent and that it was just the nature of racing.

It looked more like smash-up derby with an overconfident and inexperienced driver way over his head in a big $$ supercat.

M

LutzParty 07-14-2002 07:30 PM

Video Arcade Games

Maybe ole Jason should just stick to video arcade games where he has no chance of killing a human being.

It seems his Super Ego is getting the best of him.

If he wants the speed thing perhaps he should find some fast roller coasters, of course he cant justify wearing one of those nifty race suits that im sure the chicks just dig.

BODYSHOT1 07-14-2002 07:40 PM

..guess there'll be a few extra hotel rooms available in Point Pleasant in a couple weeks...;)

Ron P 07-14-2002 09:39 PM

One four engine Superboat - $1,000,000
One Infinity powered indy Car - $1,000,000

The intelligence to realize you aren't any good at driving either one - $Priceless.

I have never seen a driver **** on his pit crew like this idiot. I guess his has been actor ego won't let him take blame for anything. Including the loss of his career. What an ASS.

Frank, I couldn't agree more. However once in the drag car he would somehow learn how to turn.

C_Spray 07-14-2002 09:55 PM

Originally posted by Ron P
......The intelligence to realize you aren't any good at driving either one - $Priceless..... However once in the drag car he would somehow learn how to turn.
RonP - LMAO!!! That's as good as Franks original post!

"If you can't learn to do something well, at least learn how to enjoy doing it poorly."

Ron P 07-14-2002 10:01 PM

Or at least learn to blame someone else with a straight face.

bajah2x105 07-14-2002 10:07 PM

I think he would have a great chance at MLBaseball-JORDAN DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
Just goes to show you that money can't buy you skill...

packinair 07-14-2002 10:27 PM

I know I will get slammed for this (not that I really give a ****:p ) BUT...... If I was in the position where I had a bizzillion dollars and did not have to work you can sure as hell bet I would be racing one of everything. So how can you all just jump on this guy for doing what just about what any of us would be doing? I have not followed his racing but even if he is not the best driver on the planet was whoever the world champion the best when he first jumped in a supercat?? Leave the poor guy alone, he is just living most of our dreams, why not take all this nitpicking and put it to good use, like supercrash bashing!:D

OUTLAW Drew 07-14-2002 10:32 PM

I agree. He just gets more p**sy than all of us put together and gets to play with all the toy we wish we could........ALL THE TIME!!!

Ron P 07-14-2002 10:34 PM

I'd do the same thing if I were in his shoes. I would just hope to be a little more humble, take the time to learn and not bash my pit crew or someone else for my errors.

I'm not trashing him so much for his mistakes as the way he handles the press afterword.

mcollinstn 07-14-2002 10:43 PM

ooooh, packinair...

misreads our intent, he does (sayeth the wise Yoda).

Never have I been critical of his decisions to accept the offers of racing the machines he has somehow scored. I am as jealous of his opportunities as anybody.

I AM, however, extremely critical of his documented smug-assed attitudes surrounding his racing mishaps. The man has never publicly accepted any portion of blame for any of his direct actions on a racecourse. He appears (in my opinion) to feel that his magnificence alone leaves him immune to any criticism.

This man has used his high profile and fame to score rides in dream machinery. This is, please note, different than earning the right via proven results in less demanding racing divisions.

Once again, I would use whatever strings I could pull to attempt the same. I do feel, though, that I would not have the brazen egotistical nuggets to stand before a microphone and blame MY rookie mistakes on my crewmembers or on "unexpected wave conditions" or "just racing". I say "man enough to leverage fame; man enough to take the blame" (hey, I just made that up).

M

packinair 07-14-2002 10:49 PM

as I said, I have not seen how he handles that part of it.. if that is the case then I miss read that part of it

bajah2x105 07-14-2002 10:56 PM

Mcollinstn & Ron P took the words out of my mouth. He's getting bashed by me for his crappy attitude, not his will to follow some dreams! I don't ***** at my wife for leaving the seat down when I piss on it:eek: . Hmmmmmmmm? Why do I get yelled at for leaving it up? I'll have to check into that!;) :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-14-2002 11:36 PM

Originally posted by bajah2x105
I don't ***** at my wife for leaving the seat down when I piss on it:eek: . Hmmmmmmmm? Why do I get yelled at for leaving it up? I'll have to check into that!;) :D
:D :D :D Too funny!!! :D :D :D

Audiofn 07-15-2002 12:22 AM

More proof that males are smarter then women :D:D

puder 07-15-2002 12:42 AM

i'm no big JP fan BUT he did wind up takign 2nd in that car race eventually. Thi is what iheard over the weekend. FYI i was at Watkins Glen crewing and that is what I heard.

Additioanlly from whati hear Ari Lyundyke (spelled wrong i think) **** on his crew visciously and frequently.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-15-2002 12:48 AM

Originally posted by puder

(spelled wrong i think)

That's ok Puder, Most of us have become accustomed to it. You keep us thinking...;) :D :D :D

It's good to see ya back on the board!!! :cool:

mcollinstn 07-15-2002 11:01 PM

(puder) ***Additioanlly from whati hear Ari Lyundyke (spelled wrong i think) **** on his crew visciously and frequently.***

I don't like him, either.

(it's Arie Luyundyke)

M

cuda 07-16-2002 12:14 AM

I gotta get out more. I don't even know who the hell Jason Preistly is!:confused: :eek: I had seen this post for a few days, but hadn't opened it. I figured he was some famous (?) boat racer. BTW, who the hell is he?:confused:

Ron P 07-16-2002 12:20 AM

He was one of the actors on the TV show 90210 that ended new shows probably 5 years ago. It was a huge hit with the younger crowd.

cuda 07-16-2002 12:23 AM

No wonder I didn't know. Never watched it once.

cigarette1 07-16-2002 12:34 AM

I thought he was one of those Boy Band singers :rolleyes:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 07-16-2002 05:54 AM

That may be his next venture.....:D :D :D