Notices

Jason Priestley again..

Old 07-11-2002, 01:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Jason Priestley again..

Just saw on the news that Jason Priestley is in practice/qualifying for some Indy car race.

He looped it in practice and spun thru the infield. True to form, when interviewed about the incident he explained that "the crew did not have something right in the setup" and that "he was sure they would get it fixed by qualifying time".

Hmmm.

stupid crewmen...
Old 07-11-2002, 01:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-11-2002, 03:27 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

where was he testing? I might be heading up to watkins glen tommorow night to crew for a Formula Continental team.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:06 AM

Maybe he should try Drag Racing? There are NO TURNS!
Old 07-11-2002, 07:18 AM
Charter Member #1528

Originally posted by Shanghied Again
LMAO! Thats a good one SA!
Old 07-11-2002, 08:28 AM
Kentz

He now drives in the "new" IRL league. Its kinda like the Busch cars to Winston cup, ya know detuned IRL cars, brand new series. I believe he finished 2nd to AJ Foyt the 4th, 6th

Old 07-11-2002, 09:01 AM
CRUBOSS

I THINK HE SHOULD GO OUT AND PARTY WITH LITTLE AL.

Old 07-11-2002, 09:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Shanghied Again : LMAO!!!

I think the guy is a ass since he never admits to something being wrong. If the car was not set properly he should have taken his laps slower untill he got it straitened out, not push the car to fast!!!! WHAT A ASS!!!!!

Jon
Old 07-11-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Shanghied Again
Not to stick up for him, but didn't I see a race on Speed on June 29th where an experienced Super cat or super V race team took a right turn a few hundred yards from the actual turn at the start? Lucky the next boat was far enough behind to keep from t-boning them. That to me looked like a rookie mistake but I don't see anyone here mention it?
Old 07-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found a photo and the stat's on his car.
IRL/Indy Racing Infiniti Pro Series Comparison Guide (PDF)

ENGINE
Manufacturer:
Infiniti

Capacity:
3.5 liters

Configuration:
90-degree V8

Horsepower:
450 at 8,200 RPM

CHASSIS
Manufacturer:
Dallara

Fuel Capacity:
25 gallons minimum

Data Acquisition:
Specification system supplied with chassis to measure steering angle, shock travel, wheel speed, throttle and one spare sensor

Minimum Weight:
1,430 pounds

Wheelbase:
117 inches

Track:
Front: 67 inches

Rear 64 inches

Aerodynamic Specifications:
Stepped plane underbody

TRANSMISSION
Manufacturer:
Ricardo
Configuration:
Six-speed sequential with gears mounted forward of the differential

SAFETY
Cockpit:
19 inches wide with Indy Racing League-approved headrest construction

Collapsible steering column

SWEMS:
Approved SWEMS on wheels and rear-wing assembly

Dallara Automobili
Founded in 1972 by Dr. Gian Paolo Dallara, Dallara Automobili has enjoyed major success as a race car constructor in numerous categories of motorsports, including Formula 3, sports car and Indy Racing. Dallara has also designed, manufactured and collaborated on racing programs for numerous automotive companies.

The organization's state-of-the-art facilities include two wind tunnels, one seven-post dynamic test rig and an ultra-modern machine shop as well as CAD, FEA and CFD design capabilities.

Bridgestone/Firestone
Nashville-based Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire, LLC is a subsidiary of Bridgestone/Firestone Americas Holding, Inc., whose parent company, Bridgestone Corporation, is the world's largest tire and rubber company. BFNT develops, manufactures and markets Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton and associate and private brand tires. The company is focused on wholesale and original equipment markets, supplying passenger, light truck, commercial vehicle, off-road, agriculture and other tires to its customers in North America.

Infiniti
Infiniti, supplier of the IRL Infiniti Indy engine since 1997, is proud to be the sole engine manufacturer of the Indy Racing Infiniti Pro Series. The series will use a 3.5-liter racing version of the engine found in the all-new Infiniti Q45 performance luxury sedan. The Q45 V8 engine produces a class-leading 340 horsepower in production form. Engine builder TWR will adapt the production engine for oval racing use, with the horsepower of the racing version reaching an estimated 450 hp.

Infiniti, the luxury division of Nissan North America, Inc., is supported by a network of approximately 150 retailers throughout North America and offers a range of luxury vehicles including the Infiniti QX4 luxury Sport Utility Vehicle, G20 and G35 sport sedans, I35 luxury sedan, and flagship Q45 luxury performance sedan. For more information on the complete line of Infiniti luxury vehicles and the Total Ownership Experience (TOE) philosophy, visit Infiniti on the Web at www.infiniti.com.
Attached Thumbnails Jason Priestley again..-6fca2723.jpg  

Quick Reply: Jason Priestley again..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.