Yellow & gray 29 scarab in California

Notices

Yellow & gray 29 scarab in California

Old 09-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow & gray 29 scarab in California

If anyone is considering buying the yellow and gray 29 scarab that is in the classifieds shoot me a pm before you do.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

shoot just post it up . . . did you pick it appart and find issues?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

was just in the classifieds, didn't see a 29 listed under "scarab" or "wellcraft".......
Old 09-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

was here . . .

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o46043-en.html
Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 AM
Registered

"listing disabled"
Old 09-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Its this one. He said that he had a few others that wanted to look at it and this is the only place I saw it advertised.

Last edited by T-RAV; 09-13-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Was considering looking at this boat.. What's up with it the guy on the phone sounded like an idiot .. More info please don't want to waste sending a mechanic to look
Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

mechanically the boat is ok, has input shaft seal leak on one of the drives and needs trim indicator cables. Cosmetically it is horrible! The surveyor told me it had some gelcoat issues, but I had already bought my ticket and he said maybe it would be ok to me or I might want to fix it and I could lowball him, so I went anyways. When I got there it was bad! The whole top deck needed to be ground off and reshot. The gel was cracking everywhere on the top deck, some of the cracks where so wide I could fit my ups envelope in them like the gel was lifting up from the fiberglass. So when I asked the owner why he never told me about these or never showed me pictures of them, he acted like he had never seen them before. He said he never wears his glasses on the boat so he hadn't ever seen them. Ya right, the guy straight up lied and misled me, it was a lesson learned on my part, just don't want to see anyone else waste there time. Also the hull sides where scratched up and had cracks in the paint! One spot he did show me in pictures, I specifically asked about it and he had told me it was taken care of! Of course that a lie!

Last edited by T-RAV; 09-14-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by T-RAV
mechanically the boat is ok, has input shaft seal leak on one of the drives and needs trim indicator cables. Cosmetically it is horrible! The surveyor told me it had some gelcoat issues, but I had already bought my ticket and he said maybe it would be ok to me or I might want to fix it and I could lowball him, so I went anyways. When I got there it was bad! The whole top deck needed to be ground off and reshot. The gel was cracking everywhere on the top deck, some of the cracks where so wide I could fit my ups envelope in them like the gel was lifting up from the fiberglass. So when I asked the owner why he never told me about these or never showed me pictures of them, he acted like he had never seen them before. He said he never wears his glasses on the boat so he hadn't ever seen them. Ya right, the guy straight up lied and misled me, it was a lesson learned on my part, just don't want to see anyone else waste there time.
This is what I hate about trying to buy a used boat. 99% of the people are shysters. Sadly, I don't believe a word anyone says anymore, including engine hours, accident history, condition, anything. Performance boats seems to attract the biggest "lying through their teeth" a-holes.

I saw one boat for sale where the guy said the boat was brand new, never registered, and never on the water. I found pictures this a-hole posted on a forum where the boat was on the water WITH registration numbers, and he was bragging about how fast the boat was.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 09-14-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad. Sharp looking boat and it looks pretty decent in that picture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.