Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Close call, some drunk driver almost wiped out my boat and trailer, but got my truck >

Close call, some drunk driver almost wiped out my boat and trailer, but got my truck

Notices

Close call, some drunk driver almost wiped out my boat and trailer, but got my truck

Old 07-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close call, some drunk driver almost wiped out my boat and trailer, but got my truck

Last night about 3:10 am I'm sleeping and hear something loud, REALLY LOUD!! I turn on my light, and my cat is doing it's normal "spaz out" routine it does, so I think to myself "I wonder what the cat knocked down now", and I get up to check. Then I hear noises outside, and I went out there, and a new taraus is just past my boat, smoking, and just all smashed up as it snapped a telephone pole in two places. This lady gets out of it, and says "oh my god, my car"!! I'm looking only at my boat, which was untouched luckily. She says "dont call 911, I'm buzzin", I said no ****, as I dialed 911.

Well she must have fallen asleep at the wheel, and drifted towards my side, which is fully across oncoming traffic, but at that hour, there a car every 10 minutes, but still, it's a 50mph zone, two lane road. She hit a mailbox, 3 doors before my house, then hit the back of my neighbors truck, then hit my truck, and then barely grazed the nose of my trailer, just enough to put a scratch where on the very tip of the ball insert area, and then all those impacts must have been just enough for her to miss my boat which is at an angle to the road, but just about the same angle the tire tracks are at, but inches away from the trailer I-beam. Soooo Close, it's unbeliveable she missed my boat. Not even a ding along the sides of the I-beam, or fender, but right after my boat is a big fat telephone pole, well at least there was... She cleaned that off at the ground, and her car came to rest about 5 feet from my other neighbors house, and two feet from his car. She wasn't hurt, but arrested and taken away. The boat is ok and now the trailer has a tiny scratch with a good story to go along with it. The bad part is I didn't get to bed till 5:30, after filing all the reports, and moving the boat across the street to my neighbors for the utility crews to put in a new pole. It was a long night, There are alot of crazy circumstances to go along with this story. Usually I park my boat right where she came thru, had I done that, the boat would be in two halves now, but saturday when I brought it home, my neighbors had people over, and I had to bring it in at a different angle, and cut it hard to squeeze it in, in a place different than my usual spot, which blocks my garage door, and because of that my truck was out, which deflected the car away from the boat, by just enough it seems. When I got home last night I was going to move it, cuz I hate leaving my truck outside, but cut the grass and said screw it when I finished, and went in instead of moving the boat to it's usual place. It's just amazing everything is intact, mostly my boat and trailer, my truck has very minor bumper damage, and who cares, I'll get a new one, my neighbors truck got it just behind the rear tire, and his bumper, and is still driveable, and the mailbox, well that's toast along with the taraus, and telephone pole. Then the utility pole guys cut my power, nixing the alarm clock, and then they blocked me in the garage till 10:30am so now I'm back at work, and ready to leave and go boating already!!! I think I need to leave, and throw anchor and get some stress relief in the middle of the lake with some good friends, and some tunes!! All is well!!
Old 07-09-2002, 01:30 PM
Eric1969

sorry to hear about your truck. glad no one was hurt. what a stupid b%$&^.

Old 07-09-2002, 01:31 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Anything but the boat!!! There you go Rob, you wanted a bigger truck anyway.....good excuse....."this one has a small dent and a scratch.......gimme a new one please." Go to the dealer and say that and I GAURENTEE you will leave with a new truck!! LOL!!!!

So, when are you and some of your cohorts coming across the state to boat on some real water??????
Old 07-09-2002, 01:32 PM
Registered

Holy **** Rob !
You definitly got lucky with boat ... I know you want a new truck so that doesn't really matter

It's a good thing she didn't hit your house.
It's a good thing it wasn't a party night at your house , with all your friends vehicles parked out front, then there would have been some SERIOUS damage and she probably wouldn't have walked away.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:40 PM
Registered

Damn, that's crazy dude! Glad to hear the boat come out unscathed. You are a due for a new truck anyway my man! Glad I wasn't there sounds like she hit right where I always park! Oh, that wouldn't have been so bad. I'm due for a new car too! LOL
Old 07-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Registered

Glad you and your stuff are okay! People NEVER cease to amaze me in thier drinking and driving. Wake up people! I hope you get a cool new truck dude!

Shane
Old 07-09-2002, 02:04 PM
Registered

Amazing story and luck Rob.
I can imagine this maybe happening on TinFish Tiki bar night, but on Monday?!
Old 07-09-2002, 02:04 PM
Registered

I'm glad that everything and everyone turned out okay!!!! Even though the driver is beyond being a complete idiot, I'm glad you didn't have to come outside to mangled corpse. That's no way to start your day.
Old 07-09-2002, 05:17 PM
Secret F233

Sorry to hear about your night but looks as if it might turn out to your Advantage Rob with the truck and all ... Good luck man

Old 07-09-2002, 07:39 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW DUDE when you woke up the Twilight zone was not on was it

Quick Reply: Close call, some drunk driver almost wiped out my boat and trailer, but got my truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.